The Student Room Group

Black opaque Tights AGGGH!!!!

Does any bodyelse "HATE" " 60 denier Black opaque tights...? they show up ANY dust or white crap etc ..pick up any fluff of the damn floor,they get covered in dust, cat hairs etc ...they are too damn warm ...rip a hole in them and it SHOWS Big Time!!.......If your big toe goes through them they are agony ..i have taken my shoe off in a shopping centre to rip the foot right off as they strangle your toe ...they are tight around your waist..the waistband rolls...they wrinkle at the ankles!! Here im wearing M&S 60 denier opaques Brand new!!! Spilt paint on them Ahhhhhhh!!!! My Mother wants to cut them up to shreds for the garden....she can have them with pleasure :biggrin: :biggrin: p.s Is there any good use for opaque tights..?
Reply 1
My dad sometimes uses them to strain paint so that it hasnt got any lumps or bits of anything in it. I guess they're useful for that!
karina
Does any bodyelse "HATE" " 60 denier Black opaque tights...? they show up ANY dust or white crap etc ..pick up any fluff of the damn floor,they get covered in dust, cat hairs etc ...they are too damn warm ...rip a hole in them and it SHOWS Big Time!!.......If your big toe goes through them they are agony ..i have taken my shoe off in a shopping centre to rip the foot right off as they strangle your toe ...they are tight around your waist..the waistband rolls...they wrinkle at the ankles!! Here im wearing M&S 60 denier opaques Brand new!!! Spilt paint on them Ahhhhhhh!!!! My Mother wants to cut them up to shreds for the garden....she can have them with pleasure :biggrin: :biggrin: p.s Is there any good use for opaque tights..?

True- but can be helpful during autumn/winter because they are quite warm. Or when you are too lazy to shave your legs.
Reply 3
Whose legs are those!!!!
Reply 4
Although i would love to wear Wolford tights all the time the 40d opaques from Waitrose are not bad. If i want a totally opaque look i wear two pairs and at Waitrose pricing they dont break the bank when they eventually ladder.
Reply 5
i got a really thick pair from primark and they're ace, so cosy!

lou xxx
Reply 6
Well thats the end of those :smile: :smile: just got home from college ,as i walk up our garden ,some new plants i have not seen before ,tied up to wooden posts with scraps of Black Nylon. :wink: :wink: my mother has cut them up :biggrin: :biggrin: into black nylon bands as she uses these for tying up plants to trestles etc.so much for opaque tights!!! :p: :p:
Reply 7
Damn!!! Went to work today for the very first day "without" Tights.....My manageress asked me to wear tights .."Black Opaques"!!!!nooooooooo!!!!
I don't really like shiny black opaque tights at all, but I have this thick cotton ones from M&S that are lovely and warm in winter. And they look super-stylish, naturally!
hahaha tights remind me of old people if they are plain and boring - sexy tights are nice though like lacey ones!
Reply 10
covered farm wagon
I don't really like shiny black opaque tights at all, but I have this thick cotton ones from M&S that are lovely and warm in winter. And they look super-stylish, naturally!
The one's i usually ware are "MATT" 60 Denier Black Opaques [nylon]
Reply 11
I always wear skin coloured ones; make my legs look slimmer and more tanned. Hate black ones; remind me of school too much.
Reply 12
SexyKe
I always wear skin coloured ones; make my legs look slimmer and more tanned. Hate black ones; remind me of school too much.

Black opaque tights are only fit for trashing..reminds me of school ,we used to have splinters of wood underneath our desks,and i would purposely rub my legs along the edge to ladder them or sometimes stick a pen through them to make holes :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: i was always wearing laddered black tights!! even new ones :eek: :eek: :wink:
Opaque tights are nice! If you get the right ones, they look great with miniskirts, though some are horrible. I like red ones with boots, also sexy patterned ones. Don;t condemn all opaque tights! Actually I have never been able to find a really nice pair of black opaques, they just seem to go weird immediately, grrr.
Reply 14
i never wear tights....wore them once at school just as a different thing to do - not a dare, just my mates had never seen me in tights before, anyway, it was snowy and i slipped over and made a huge hole in them, haven't worn tights again since.
Reply 15
All my black opaque tights seem navy by the time i get to school, weird. Primark tights are the best i've come across, nice and comfy as well.
Reply 16
Mine seem navy in the light! Tesco do good ones. I cut up my ruined tights and give them to my dad who uses them as fuel filters for my brother's kart!
Reply 17
clairey87
Mine seem navy in the light! Tesco do good ones. I cut up my ruined tights and give them to my dad who uses them as fuel filters for my brother's kart!
my mother cuts mine up before they are even ruined!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
i dont like shiny tights, but if theyre not shiny then i think they look ok.
i agree that stuff gets stuck to them all the time though...
grrrrr