Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LSE MFL Certificate in Spanish worth it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting ready to begin my postgrad courses for LSE- I'm going into Social Policy and Development.

I saw that you can take a Masters of Foreign Language Certification course 2 hours a week for twenty weeks.

Being American, I barely speak conversational Spanish and know the basics of Korean because I lived there a couple years. I want to go into international diplomacy of some sort- maybe UN related work. Is it worth it to take this additional certification program to bump up my Spanish skills and enhance my employability? Of is this just another attempt to burn my already dwindeling funds?

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure 2 hours a week for 20 weeks will get you up to the level of Spanish needed for international diplomacy. With the 215 quid it costs you could just put it towards going to the Spanish countryside (smaller number of English speakers) after the degree for a month and you will learn a much more useful amount!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.