Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone taking the new driving test? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magical Man)
    I'll definitely keep you updated but I think you'll be telling me how you got on first!

I checked on the website and they've cancelled it and put it back a month without notifying me!

Good luck, PM me and tell me how you got on if you remember
    OH well thats nice of them isn't it? haha
    yes, sure I'll pm you and let you know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzanathema)
    I have my test on the 5th. I did some independent driving practice today and it's a complete doddle. You feel a bit stressed like you'll forget the way when you're pulled up at the side of the road but you are allowed to ask for directions. So you are approaching a roundabout thinking about picking a lane and you say "oh, which was was it here again?" They tell you. You do it.

It's SO easy. And they are going to be super lenient while it's still new. Just don't go into any no entry zones if you get lost
    Oh cool, mines on the 8th, could you let me know how you got on and what it was like when you've done it? Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    mines on the 12th. could have been today but they cancelled it :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddielouxx)
    Oh cool, mines on the 8th, could you let me know how you got on and what it was like when you've done it? Good luck.
    Of course, and thanks

I really feel like it will be easy though. (The independent driving at least!)
    When I did a practice I'd gone up the bypass and around a few roundabouts as directed then I got to the end of what was instructed to me it felt like no time had passed at all. When you think about it you do all that driving around on your test anyway, and on lessons, so it's just like they're taking a manoeuvre out. And on tests they keep quiet on directions anyway unless they want you to turn off somewhere.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.