Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I'm about to apply to the MPhil International Relations at Oxford. I will send my application in october but I will sit the TOEFL no earlier than january/february and graduate in april, 2011 of course.

I was wondering: does Oxford University consider applications from international students lacking a language test? If yes, in case I were offered a place it would be a conditional offer requiring me to graduate with X marks and a minimum of 109/120 on the TOEFL (their minimum requirement)? Or would they tell me to FIRST sit the language test succesfully and THEN apply? I'm slightly worried because I simply cannot do this. I e-mailed the graduate admissions office but ... I haven't received any answer yet.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's okay to sit the test later. I sat it before I applied, my condition still stated I had to do a language test because they didn't know/notice/care I had already done it. Getting a sufficient score will be a condition should you recieve an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you elieshout and good luck with everything at Oxford!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have to do one at all. It might have been because I did english at a-level in denmark, but it could also just be because they can tell from your interview whether your english is good enough. So if you also go through the interview stuff as a post-graduate applicant you may not need to take a test at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRBDK)
    I didn't have to do one at all. It might have been because I did english at a-level in denmark, but it could also just be because they can tell from your interview whether your english is good enough. So if you also go through the interview stuff as a post-graduate applicant you may not need to take a test at all!
    I don't think for the masters I'm applying to any interview is required. Some colleges/programmes interview applicants, via telephone if they come from abroad, but the general rule is that there are no interviews for graduate applicants.

I hope it would come to an interview however and spare me the annoying TOEFL test.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.