Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you wanna be cool...sit in the back...like me

Plus I like the feeling that no one is behind me...I just find it uncomfortable, AND your overlooking the whole lecture, cool huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    I'll probably choose to sit at the back. I feel uncomfortable knowing there's a person sitting behind me, i feel like that person is watching everything i do, i write, or everytime i move my lips.
    Same here.

When I sit in the front, I feel like someone sitting behind me is going to chop off my ponytail.

But I continue sitting in the front anyway despite the crippling fear I feel when I remember there are people I don't know behind me.

(I'm pretending the first day of school is the same as a University lecture.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowshine)
    Same here.

When I sit in the front, I feel like someone sitting behind me is going to chop off my ponytail.

But I continue sitting in the front anyway despite the crippling fear I feel when I remember there are people I don't know behind me.

(I'm pretending the first day of school is the same as a University lecture.)
    I knooow.
    Hopefully when i get there in UK, i get to choose where i want to sit. lol

ReputationRep:
    i jus' used to make sure i was nearest to the wall so i had somethin' to lean on (besides my chair)

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably choose to sit at the back. I feel uncomfortable knowing there's a person sitting behind me, i feel like that person is watching everything i do, i write, or everytime i move my lips.
    how will someone behind you see your lips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    how will someone behind you see your lips?
    Not just the one behind me, i mean the people who are sitting beside me or behind me. if you know what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a7860)
    Hi so i wanted people's opinion on where is the best place to sit in a lecture theatre, today i was sat on the side near where the door was and kept getting distracted by people walking in late so wanted 2 ask fellow students, which row/section is best to get the maximum from lectures.
    Thanx

The third or fourth row from the front, not too close to catch the lecturer's saliver, but close enough to face ideal attention spans, and to block distractions out from the back.

ReputationRep:
    Sit right at the back.. just like in school, then you can sleep/stretch out across 3 chairs/have quiet chats/or look at the back of people's heads if you're into that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    people who used to sit on the back rows at our lectures used to get picked on by the lecturer to answer questions

ReputationRep:
    I'm likely to end up sitting at the front, just because I find other people distracting.

ReputationRep:
    Between the lecturer and the white board.

Bring your own chair.

ReputationRep:
    Someone behind you can't see your lips.

ReputationRep:
    smoking at the back

ReputationRep:
    I usually sit right at the first row, so I can't hear the noise makers and idiots, and so the lecturer focuses on me as I do them, like a one-to-one session. It usually ends up with people in the back few rows getting pissy about this. I also have very poor eyesight, so that's probably another reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loulZ)
    Someone behind you can't see your lips.
    they can if they're on the side. not completely behind my back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TigerJack)
    This, it's common knowledge.
    hey stop advertising my seat number :mad:

ReputationRep:
    right at the back !

ReputationRep:
    As close to the front as possible so as to avoid the annoying ****s at the back who won't shut up.

ReputationRep:
    In the middle. In the middle.

ReputationRep:
    If you are an annoying little grot then sit at the back so that your inane chatter and constant twiddling with your phone doesn't irritate anyone else.

If you want to hear the lecturer and see the board then sit in the first couple of rows.

And I am curious as to what is so wonderful about the person who is scared of people watching their lips. Do they get up and dance naked or something or are you just a tad self-obsessed and think that everyone else is just as obsessed about you? No-one gives a **** about you or or the one with the ponytail. That's not why they are there.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.