Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, basically i just did the introductory practice (short one) bmat test on the website, and i got 2 out of 9 on the section 2!!!
    Somebody PLEASE help me as to what i'm supposed to do for this! What to learn! Half of that was most certainly not gcse

please help

ReputationRep:
    You have a very long time to go and judging by your academics, you have nothing to worry. Why don't you buy the BMAT book and see how you do there?

ReputationRep:
    Buy a BMAT book. Read it. Then try practice tests.

ReputationRep:
    Revise GCSE science and maths, bearing in mind you may not have covered everything you need to know at GCSE due to different syllabuses. Revise any A Level science you have done. Buy some practice books and do the questions in them.

ReputationRep:
    Do you need BMAT for Medicine.. ? If so for all universities?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah one question was definitely as biology (why don't body parts come labelled... ) so maybe yes,that is the best plan. Does anyone have any suggestions for good bmat books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoLoco)
    Do you need BMAT for Medicine.. ? If so for all universities?
    you need it for oxford,cambridge,imperial,ucl (I think..?) and that's about it. the majority of the rest use the ukcat, and a few use neither

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reggaeinyourjeggae)
    Yeah one question was definitely as biology (why don't body parts come labelled... ) so maybe yes,that is the best plan. Does anyone have any suggestions for good bmat books?
    Official BMAT Book
    BMAT and UKCAT Uncovered (awful for UKCAT, decent for BMAT)
    How to Master the BMAT

The last 2 aren't great, but they do at least provide a source of practice questions which is always helpful.

Then just your GCSE and A Level science/maths notes as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reggaeinyourjeggae)
    Hi, basically i just did the introductory practice (short one) bmat test on the website, and i got 2 out of 9 on the section 2!!!
    Somebody PLEASE help me as to what i'm supposed to do for this! What to learn! Half of that was most certainly not gcse

please help
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Master-B...5624426&sr=8-2

This is the book I used, it seemed to have the most practice questions in it!! It was pretty good I found!

ReputationRep:
    ah ok thanks guys x

ReputationRep:
    I will try to attempt to resurrect an old thread, since if I start a new one, I will be shouted to use the search function. I have read the above, but I would like to know more information about the books mentioned + any other resources you may have used and found useful for the BMAT. I will be very grateful and rep will be given

PS: Don't suggest the Kaplan book, they are notoriously expensive and impossible to find, so please something else. Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Russian)
    I will try to attempt to resurrect an old thread, since if I start a new one, I will be shouted to use the search function. I have read the above, but I would like to know more information about the books mentioned + any other resources you may have used and found useful for the BMAT. I will be very grateful and rep will be given

PS: Don't suggest the Kaplan book, they are notoriously expensive and impossible to find, so please something else. Many thanks.
    There is a new book by ISC Medical (those who wrote the famous 600Q book for UKCAT) coming out in July: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...pf_rd_i=468294. It has 400 questions, so almost twice as much as the "How to master" book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rudyrabbit)
    There is a new book by ISC Medical (those who wrote the famous 600Q book for UKCAT) coming out in July: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...pf_rd_i=468294. It has 400 questions, so almost twice as much as the "How to master" book
    Yeah I have that one saved already, thanks though. I just wanted some early revision material tbh . Many thanks though, anything else that you would recommend?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.