Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Exile would be good. Awesome in fact. ANything would be better than portraits.
    Literature would be fun.

Or maybe a present/past sort of thing - transition of time. Hardy's The Self-Unseeing would be great for that. ^_^

Armitage did a Titanic? Ooh.
    Edit: Oh, 9/11.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My guesses would be:
    1) Ferrets
    2) Blind people
    3) Nature and trees and stuff
    4) Food
    and of course
    5) The weather.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

ReputationRep:
    9/11 would be too restrictive, i think. I mean, in terms of time. I would've thought they'd like just being able to pick willy nilly from centuries. but what do I know.

Guilt! Memory!

ReputationRep:
    This is possibly a silly game.

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about Armitage's poem being about 9/11.

What I could really do with now is a sample paper that I didn't look at 3 months ago.

ReputationRep:
    My bad. Try talking about different sample texts on the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanyore)
    My bad. Try talking about different sample texts on the paper?
    That's a damn good idea.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Very useful thread. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks MSB. Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks also MSB, very much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I hope the 'link' next week isn't something really obscure that makes me (us) approach the texts in a different way (as in under a different theme) altogether...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominicokey)
    I hope the 'link' next week isn't something really obscure that makes me (us) approach the texts in a different way (as in under a different theme) altogether...
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Do you A-Levellites ever do commentaries on unseen texts as part of your course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominicokey)
    What?

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone i just joined this forum today- i have a question
    when the ELAT asks to compare and contrast- are you guys going to look at the way the author writes his poem? like the style of the words and the syntax- or are u going to compare themes and ideas that the poems talk about, like the main message
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Lauren Teneriello)
    when the ELAT asks to compare and contrast- are you guys going to look at the way the author writes his poem? like the style of the words and the syntax- or are u going to compare themes and ideas that the poems talk about, like the main message
    Both. You look at the themes by way of style, structure etc. (It's not necessarily as simple as that, but in a general sense, that's what you're going for.) Looking at "the way the author writes his poem" is pretty important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reverie.)
    Both. You look at the themes by way of style, structure etc. (It's not necessarily as simple as that, but in a general sense, that's what you're going for.) Looking at "the way the author writes his poem" is pretty important.
    You look remarkably like Anne Hathaway.

ReputationRep:
    What I mean is: I hope that the link that is given at the start is something that is workable. Something that is good to write about, and isn't so difficult that it makes me try and find new themes in the texts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuntimagee)
    Do you A-Levellites ever do commentaries on unseen texts as part of your course?
    Just bumping this...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.