Turn on thread page Beta

problem with references on GTTR 2011 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjburt1)
    Hi I just wondered, is it a must to use a university lecturer as your number one referee? Because although it has only been two years since my graduation, I have been volunteering at a Primary school since February this year one day a week, occasionally Monday to Friday and the headmistress has offered to write my reference. I just think she knows me better, and most importantly knows what I am like in a professional manner in the industry I want to work in. But I don’t want to put her first in case that’s wrong; it’s just I heard that generally the training provider only looks at the first reference.
    It doesn't have to be a university tutor. The headmistress seems ideal in this case

ReputationRep:
    GTTR is useless! Have they managed to do anything right yet this year?! Did many people manage to send their applications off before they took off pay and send?

ReputationRep:
    Useless bunch of cretins. How can they say we won't be at a disadvantage? It didnt go today end of story and others did, how is that fair?
    I am a jibbering wreck thinking of all those applications that will be read before mine. This is my vocation, this is what I want to do more then anything in the world and a stupid website may but the stoppers on that. grrrrrr Sorry, I am being melodromatic.

ReputationRep:
    Mine didn't go today either; my referee couldn't log in and GTTR told her to wait 24 hours and try again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if this application process will follow me to the grave. Just as I was relieved for it to have worked so I can submit the references - now the payment is broken and I still haven't been able to complete the process. Maybe this is their way of preparing us for the stress of teaching!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also having issues, completed everything else and on the reference section, there is no option for me to request a reference! anyone know why this might be?

ReputationRep:
    Have you ticked the tick box on the 'complete' tab and saved. Then u get a pop up saying that you will not be able to change your application. It is then frozen, so that its ready for the referee to be sent an email. Only the reference section is editable and in when u click in there, at the bottom of the page, there will be a new button to send the first referee an email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul_finley)
    Have you ticked the tick box on the 'complete' tab and saved. Then u get a pop up saying that you will not be able to change your application. It is then frozen, so that its ready for the referee to be sent an email. Only the reference section is editable and in when u click in there, at the bottom of the page, there will be a new button to send the first referee an email.
    oh, thee's a 'complete tab'? is that a new thing that pops up?
    I have a 'check form' section, which allows me to see a list of sections and says completed next to each one, followed by my 3 options and the name of my 2 referee choices, but nothing to click in there so say I've checked it (not sure if there should be?)
    I clicked on the complete box and saved (under the reference section) and it has a tick next to it when you have the list of sections (they're all ticked as complete, except this check form section which I'm confused about what I'm meant to do besides look at it if there's nowhere to confirm or anything :o: I emailed gttr yesterday but got an email back saying due to lots of people emailing.... will take up to 48 hours to reply Ah maybe I've done something wrong I'll admit I don't have the required gcse grades for english and maths, but I did explain in my personal statement that I am currently retaking them and am determined to get the grades by the course start. I tried to enter them into the education section with the date as 2011 and pending as the grade (like I remember doing for A levels when I did my ucas) but it won't let me put the word pending and says 2011 is an invalid date

ReputationRep:
    For everyone that's worrying, like me, that my application will be disadvantaged because I haven't yet sent mine off, but others have, I've just found out that NO applications have been sent to any universities yet. Apparently it's looking like early next week now!

ReputationRep:
    The 'pay/send' is working, i've just done it. the confirmation email I got with regard my refererence having been submitted today, still said that this was broken and 'will be resolved by the week ending 15th October'. This email and their website is still giving the message that its broken - ignor it and give it a go.

good luck all and lets hope next year's intake don;t have to go through this hassel!

ReputationRep:
    it still won't let me request a reference AND gttr are clearly very busy cos it was supposed to take them 48 hours to reply to my email and they haven't

On the plus side, one of the courses I was considering applying for wasn't on gttr (post compulsory education), but it was possible to apply directly on the university's website, so I've done that and now just need to print the 2 reference forms, send them to ex tutors and wait for them to do their bit and send it onto my chosen uni!

Since I need to send them by post, as the file I was emailed to download is a pdf that I cannot add text to, and I need to add some information onto the form before sending it on, should I include a stamped envelope with the address that it needs to go to OR will they be happy to pay for the postage? I don't want to be cheeky about it but what is the usual thing people do in this situation? :p:

ReputationRep:
    gttr are slow in every way they possibly can be. i paid first thing monday before they had problems with the payment section and still havent received my welcome letter so cant log into track. i just hope my application has been sent to universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernie_h)
    gttr are slow in every way they possibly can be. i paid first thing monday before they had problems with the payment section and still havent received my welcome letter so cant log into track. i just hope my application has been sent to universities.
    My application was sent off on the 13th and I received my welcome letter this morning. However I've been able to log into Track for a few days because the ID is the same as you already used from Apply, your username is your email address, and your password is the same as you used for apply. If you've forgotten any of these just use the 'Forgotten Details' link and it will help you.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone's referee had problems logging in? My referee told me today that she has been trying to login to write the reference but the login i.d that was emailed to her doesn't work!

Any suggestions? We've both tried ringing (they don't let me join the queue after keeping me on hold for five minutes anyway) and she has also emailed them. No reply.

It should be the GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR not the GTTR. :mad: :mad: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julia Goolia)
    Has anyone's referee had problems logging in? My referee told me today that she has been trying to login to write the reference but the login i.d that was emailed to her doesn't work!

Any suggestions? We've both tried ringing (they don't let me join the queue after keeping me on hold for five minutes anyway) and she has also emailed them. No reply.

It should be the GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR not the GTTR. :mad: :mad: :confused:
    Did you click the 'send request' button more than once? Because I clicked it twice, thinking it hadn't worked the first time, and it meant that my referee couldn't log in, because the GTTR then generates 2 different log ins for one email address, and neither of them will allow access. You'll need to speak to GTTR, but in case they're no help, this is the email I got telling me how to get my referee logged in:

I spoke to Dr C*** B*** regarding difficulties she is experiencing with trying to complete the online GTTR reference in support of your application. When you generated the new send reference request email this has not allowed her to continue and she gets a message access denied.

To resolve this if you log back into Apply, go to the reference details save the email address for Dr B*** with a different email address; this will indicate that we are trying to contact a different email account. After you have saved the information with a different email address remove the details of your first referee and re enter the information with the correct email address. Save the section as complete, go back to the check form section and mark this section as complete. Go back to the reference section and then send reference request which will trigger a new email to go back to Dr B*** this time allowing them to continue.

ReputationRep:
    Sharpesparkle, thank you, if only I had read that before phoning the GTTR! That's exactly what the lady I spoke to told me to do and so far so good; I've received an automated email saying my referee has accepted the request, so I'm assuming it's all ok now. Finally. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's great. Now if only my referee would do the same! Good luck with the rest of your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    Did you click the 'send request' button more than once? Because I clicked it twice, thinking it hadn't worked the first time, and it meant that my referee couldn't log in, because the GTTR then generates 2 different log ins for one email address, and neither of them will allow access. You'll need to speak to GTTR, but in case they're no help, this is the email I got telling me how to get my referee logged in:
    hey think i've done the same thing :P ek.

which gttr e-mail address did you send to btw?.........

thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I didn't email GTTR, my tutor rang them and then they accessed my details and emailed me. If you reckon you've done the same thing and your ref can't get on to the system, try the steps they sent me

ReputationRep:
    What a crazy website - I've never known any thing like it. It throws up errors and doesn't explain what they are. Took me several attempts to realise it didn't like the & sign but some of the fields are restricted length and weren't long enough to put the full details.

Now I thought I was finished and it's not letting me email a request to my referee, saying that my email address needs validating. On many occasions now I've gone to the validate email section. Logged off the site as requested and then gone to my emails and clicked on the link. The link takes me back to the website and I log back in. Nothing. Still no tick! I'm gonna have to phone them tomorrow and see what's happened. Has any one else found this? Am I missing some thing? Or can any one help?!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.