Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I started uni [2nd year] and I saw my timetable and thought ... what the ...

I have 3 hours on Monday morning, which I suppose I will have to re over notes and stuff later on the day.

Tuesday same thing but also practicals at in the afternoon - so my tuesday evening is gone.. revising and writing practical reports. Wednesday I start 5 pm and finish 8 am... now what the heck? thats a 3 hour lecture as well! So reading over these lectures will take away Wednesday night.

Thursday is a day off - but will most likely be spent doing practical write ups etc

Friday i have 9-4 practical and lectures... So thats the weekend gone...

and what am I suppose to do if I have lectures 5-8 on Wednesday, what do I do during the day? I'm going to sit around waiting for the lecture to start... silly OCD!

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* bump

ReputationRep:
    My heart bleeds. Get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    Chill

ReputationRep:
    Boo friggin' Hoo. I only have sundays off, so unless I phone up to explain I'm going to be absent, I can't go home the entire time I'm here. And I'm a sociology student, I'm supposed to be the laziest, dossiest kind of student there is!

ReputationRep:
    Your timetable really isnt that bad - you will have loads of free time during the week and the weeked - making notes doesnt take all day at all! and many people dont even do that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Ok so I started uni [2nd year] and I saw my timetable and thought ... what the ...

I have 3 hours on Monday morning, which I suppose I will have to re over notes and stuff later on the day.

Tuesday same thing but also practicals at in the afternoon - so my tuesday evening is gone.. revising and writing practical reports. Wednesday I start 5 pm and finish 8 am... now what the heck? thats a 3 hour lecture as well! So reading over these lectures will take away Wednesday night.

Thursday is a day off - but will most likely be spent doing practical write ups etc

Friday i have 9-4 practical and lectures... So thats the weekend gone...

and what am I suppose to do if I have lectures 5-8 on Wednesday, what do I do during the day? I'm going to sit around waiting for the lecture to start... silly OCD!
    You have free:
    Monday afternoon + evening
    Tuesday evening
    Wednesday day
    Thursday day + evening
    Friday evening
    All of Saturday and Sunday

and you're moaning that you have no spare time :curious: How much did you do last year???

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you will be able to find some free time. Weekends for starters?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise you could get lectures at those sort of times ... 5-8
    And I didn't know people had them during weekends tbh

ReputationRep:
    Morph into a workaholic.

ReputationRep:
    Last year was a bit more than that. But I was first year which was ... easy (and still hardly chilled )

I worry too much, though. Ah well... here we go again... another year of stress and worry :mad:

Damn, son.

I'm afraid you'll have to drop out.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.