Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I started uni [2nd year] and I saw my timetable and thought ... what the ...

I have 3 hours on Monday morning, which I suppose I will have to re over notes and stuff later on the day.

Tuesday same thing but also practicals at in the afternoon - so my tuesday evening is gone.. revising and writing practical reports. Wednesday I start 5 pm and finish 8 am... now what the heck? thats a 3 hour lecture as well! So reading over these lectures will take away Wednesday night.

Thursday is a day off - but will most likely be spent doing practical write ups etc

Friday i have 9-4 practical and lectures... So thats the weekend gone...

and what am I suppose to do if I have lectures 5-8 on Wednesday, what do I do during the day? I'm going to sit around waiting for the lecture to start... silly OCD!

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* bump

ReputationRep:
    My heart bleeds. Get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    Chill

ReputationRep:
    Boo friggin' Hoo. I only have sundays off, so unless I phone up to explain I'm going to be absent, I can't go home the entire time I'm here. And I'm a sociology student, I'm supposed to be the laziest, dossiest kind of student there is!

ReputationRep:
    Your timetable really isnt that bad - you will have loads of free time during the week and the weeked - making notes doesnt take all day at all! and many people dont even do that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Ok so I started uni [2nd year] and I saw my timetable and thought ... what the ...

I have 3 hours on Monday morning, which I suppose I will have to re over notes and stuff later on the day.

Tuesday same thing but also practicals at in the afternoon - so my tuesday evening is gone.. revising and writing practical reports. Wednesday I start 5 pm and finish 8 am... now what the heck? thats a 3 hour lecture as well! So reading over these lectures will take away Wednesday night.

Thursday is a day off - but will most likely be spent doing practical write ups etc

Friday i have 9-4 practical and lectures... So thats the weekend gone...

and what am I suppose to do if I have lectures 5-8 on Wednesday, what do I do during the day? I'm going to sit around waiting for the lecture to start... silly OCD!
    You have free:
    Monday afternoon + evening
    Tuesday evening
    Wednesday day
    Thursday day + evening
    Friday evening
    All of Saturday and Sunday

and you're moaning that you have no spare time :curious: How much did you do last year???

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you will be able to find some free time. Weekends for starters?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise you could get lectures at those sort of times ... 5-8
    And I didn't know people had them during weekends tbh

ReputationRep:
    Morph into a workaholic.

ReputationRep:
    Last year was a bit more than that. But I was first year which was ... easy (and still hardly chilled )

I worry too much, though. Ah well... here we go again... another year of stress and worry :mad:

Damn, son.

I'm afraid you'll have to drop out.

Poll
Are you going to a Festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.