Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone think that students from top tier Unis (Imperial, UCL etc.) are less cooler and less fun that the lower level Unis?

ReputationRep:
    Define cool.

ReputationRep:
    Why is this anonymous?

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooooo. Next.

ReputationRep:
    Aston is perfect.

You get the people who are smart but like to have a bit of fun too and are a cool bunch, which makes sense that they're at a top 20 instead of a top 10 or top 3.

The top top unis are full of social retards who put too much effort into school work and are very sad. You get a few normal people there though, just not many.

ReputationRep:
    "Cool" is just some stupid ideal that teenagers have. Doesn't apply to university students beyond freshers.

ReputationRep:
    No, I just think they're clever, and people at lesser universities are jealous of them and make up rubbish like 'they're not cool'.

ReputationRep:
    Well the top universities usually have superior heating systems to their counterparts, meaning their students are rarely cool but instead at the correct temperature.

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.E)
    Define cool.
    This.

Define 'cool'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    Well the top universities usually have superior heating systems to their counterparts, meaning their students are rarely cool but instead at the correct temperature.

:holmes:
    Oh snap.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is this social stigma ********???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffy91)
    Aston is perfect.

You get the people who are smart but like to have a bit of fun too and are a cool bunch, which makes sense that they're at a top 20 instead of a top 10 or top 3.

The top top unis are full of social retards who put too much effort into school work and are very sad. You get a few normal people there though, just not many.
    aston is perfect, what made you say that?

in what way is aston perfect, i live in birmingham and have been to aston several times for masterclasses and events and most of the students are chavs who don't have much hope of doing well in their degrees

ReputationRep:
    Because teenagers/young adults at top unis care more about their education than themselves, or family or friends.

Probably less lads i'd say

Cool = Social, funny, communicative, interesting
    Uncool = Quiet, nerdy, serious, antisocial

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

I've said it before in different threads and I'll say it again. I don't go to a good university at all, but I'm glad I don't, because the people that I go to uni with and live with have all lived a bit and experienced life a bit more, in comparison to the higher tier universities. I live in halls which are shared between the met and the red-brick uni of, and I've seen it first hand.

ReputationRep:
    balls to that.
    That ladyfolk at Durham and Bristol etc looked finneeeeee.
    And by fineeeeeee, i mean cool. As you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d0mz)
    Yes.

I've said it before in different threads and I'll say it again. I don't go to a good university at all, but I'm glad I don't, because the people that I go to uni with and live with have all lived a bit and experienced life a bit more, in comparison to the higher tier universities. I live in halls which are shared between the met and the red-brick uni of, and I've seen it first hand.
    How do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone think that students from top tier Unis (Imperial, UCL etc.) are less cooler and less fun that the lower level Unis?
    Less cooler. Okay. Well there's this stereotype that people are Imperial are socially-challenged nerds. Apart from that, I can't really say.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is stupid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.