Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How many friends do you have? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My right hand is my best and only friend :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have any REALLY CLOSE friends. But people I talk to... loads. Though many aren't true friends at all. And some are just there.... I can't explain.

ReputationRep:
    7 best mates and 3 really close friends who'd i'd trust with anything.

ReputationRep:
    About four I would trust my life with/best mates/sistas from another mister :awesome:
    Then a further twenty to thirty people I would consider as good friends.

This is the theme tune to me and my friends:

Por siempre solo? :nopity:

None. Just a bunch of mates I sometimes do stuff with.

ReputationRep:
    I have around a 1000 people I know and talk to (acquaintances). -- I would always try to help these people

Within this 1000:

About 20 friends.... In a close sense -- I would give at least a minor limb for these people.

Within this 20

A group of 10 or 11 guys n girls that I consider close friends -- I'd give a major limb/maybe life for these people

Within this 10/11:

3 Best mates (all lads) that we can pretty much talk to about anything. -- I'd kill / Be killed for any of these guys

Within the 3

1 close best mate I've know since I was very young.

(Original post by Anonymous)

When I decided to live healthily, and put my life before drinking and partying, I lost all my friends
    :hugs:

1 very good friend and then 3 or maybe 4 people I could have lunch/dinner with comfortably, but that's about it. Not the most sociable of people, as has been pointed out to me, but I don't mind - my 1 bumchum suits me alright.
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sir-lewis)
    Wow, so many people with hardly any friends?
    It's TSR, what do you expect?

ReputationRep:
    Normal friends: 30-40
    Friends that i'd trust with my life: 5

ReputationRep:
    Close friends: 3, but unfortunately two of these despise each other so it's either one or the other.

And accquantances, people to talk **** to = many.

I would trust none with my life though - One of them thought that the US had 30 states as of 2009. So no, **** him and his silly geography when it comes to my life needing saving.

ReputationRep:
    I only have one true best friend and that's my husband. Although I have lots of people I'm friendly with at work, and people who I still keep in touch with from uni.

ReputationRep:
    depends what you mean as friends...
    3 best friends, then about another 8 close friends and loads of people who i think of as friends - don't ever really see one on one but get on with them well when i do see them and sometimes text etc

ReputationRep:
    depends where you draw the friend isobar on that big 2D sliding map of comfort and proximity.

ReputationRep:
    friends that i would trust my life with... 3.

ReputationRep:
    That I really care about? 7.

ReputationRep:
    Zero, life is lonely :sad:

ReputationRep:

When I decided to live healthily, and put my life before drinking and partying, I lost all my friends
    Looks like you never had friends to begin with

ReputationRep:
    I am a bit insecure about the number of friends that I have. Just interested to know how many people you know that you can genuinely call your friends?
    About fifteen.

ReputationRep:
    Probably about 10 close friends, but I get on with the majority in my classes and such

ReputationRep:
    I had 20 or so good friends before everyone went off to uni.
    Now I've got about 10 good friends and 2/3 that I trust with pretty much anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.