Turn on thread page Beta

How many friends do you have? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    About 3 or 4 really close ones. Then a further 10 (about that, anyway) who are good friends.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel insecure about how many friends you have...people with lots of 'friends' dont really have friends, they have follwers

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I was ready to feel depressed due to people having way more friends than I do... but I was not expecting this.

Best friends: 5 (three boys and two girls, I consider one of these boys my brother, anyway).
    Really important friends: about 10-15 more.
    Good friends: 40-50 more (perhaps more?).

So people I can go out with and have fun, that's 80+.
    On Facebook, 346. I know everybody I have on Facebook, but it's true that with some I'm not really close friends... just acquaintances going out on the same group sometimes, maybe.

Next year, when I move to the UK I will lose lots of these, though, just the most important ones staying (the others being pals when I am back here for holidays or something, but that's it).

ReputationRep:
    Online - 10923809, in real life - 0 !!!!

ReputationRep:
    Millions..
    Only joking.
    I hold my friend's close, and don't trust many.. so, probably about 5 in my main friendship group. But then the rest are just people I talk to or I know.

ReputationRep:
    hmm I have like 4 friends that I would say are my best mates, about 25ish good friends altogether, where we all meet for cinema and meals out in our big group, and its nice cause its a mixed gang. and then like people who I just kinda say 'hello' to or have a conversation round college with

ReputationRep:
    6 true friends.

70-80 drinking/partyingbuddies.

ReputationRep:
    "A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." Therefore I have six billion friends.

ReputationRep:
    I have about 5 friends which I trust and know very well, unfortunately they don't live that close to me now.

If we are talking about Facebook then 200ish, but those are just people I've met somehow in real life.

No real close friends... maybe one for a while but not anymore.

ReputationRep:
    about 3-4. Th again it depends on your definition of friend. In my opinion, I dont think we should have different tiers for friendship. Some of you are talking like their Platinum friend membership needs a yearly renewal. That aside, I define friendship as those you can trust with almost anything, not 'how well I can tolerate the other party'.

ReputationRep:
    As of last night, 6.

I have 2 best friends but am closer to one than the other, I then have 2 other friends. So really only four people!

ReputationRep:
    The best are the ones you can count with your fingers.

ReputationRep:
    Once you get to the point where you start having to count friends to feel secure about yourself then you know that you've reached a very big low in your life. Some have loads, some have few- it's not the amount that matters at all.

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 best friends.
    Around 5 other fairly close friends.
    A group of around 20 of us who are a 'group'.

I like it!

ReputationRep:
    one close friend that i always go out with but she has like 5 close friends so yeh and 2 other friends i would go out with and 5 friends i would randomly go out with but not so close. dont really have friends im quite anti social ya seeeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    5ish. Everyone else, I'm still pretty close with. My social group seems to be expanding a lot lately, so the number may go up or even down.

ReputationRep:
    ''Insecure about the number of friends I have'' --> LOL WUT :lolwut:? I can't believe that! A person who is insecure about the number of his friends :facepalm:
    There are 3 types of people: people you know, people you hang out with, and friends (aka real friends that are usually a minority since I don't really believe in real friendship).
    Better have 1 real friend than a thousand of superficial ones.

I guess poeple think that having lots of friends is a MUST or in fashion nowadays, and if you have only one then nobody wants you. Well I tell you smth, this is the biggest crap I have ever heard in my life.

"My friends, there are no friends" ~ COCO CHANEL~

ReputationRep:
    however many facebook says

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.