Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay I really need some advice.

Basically I am on a gap year applying for medicine.

But having only done Biology to AS level (because there was little human biology in the A2 spec...) I decided I might as well do the A2 in my gap year.

Problem is that Biology AS was AQA, but now my school have changed exam boards and they are doing Biology A2 OCR.

They are now saying I might have to do the AS again with the A2 in my gap year because of the different examboards.:eek:

So what do I do?

Is there a way of transferring my grades from one to another??!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Negotiate with the school some more, then find somewhere that does offer AQA/learn it yourself if unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you can always apply as an independent candidate and ask for any AQA books they might have.

ReputationRep:
    Are you allowed to do A2 biology in your 3rd year ? i was thinking of doing this ! I thought lots of universities do not allow this
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    Are you allowed to do A2 biology in your 3rd year ? i was thinking of doing this ! I thought lots of universities do not allow this
    Its true that it may not be included in an offer, yes. It can hardly hurt though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2010

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.