Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi all,

just wondering if anyone can help. during last year i had a lot of personal problems and felt it would be better to live at home. anyway now i feel that i need a house as i feel i woulndt be able to give the effort needed living at home for my final year, as ill have to catch trains from manchester to leeds all the time.

i was wondering anyway that if i could apply for more funding from student finance so i could get a house/accom as i am sure you get more if you are living away from home and how long it will take.

also would my university or student union be able to help me out?

cheers for any help

ReputationRep:
    download and send off a change of circumstance form. It will take some time to come through. I very much doubt your uni will help.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably only receiving the reduced student loan if you're living at home, so you should become eligible for a higher loan once you've moved out.

You could also apply to the Access to Learning Fund through your university. The application forms are usually available at the Student Services Centre (or equivalent). When you make the application give as much detail as possible about the circumstances behind you having to move back home, and then why you need to move back to Leeds. The fund actually favours final year students slightly as well as they’re deemed to have less time to find paid work, so your chances of getting some money are higher than a non-finalist.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.