Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    4 months without any mental/intellectual stimulation is really taking a toll on me. 99% of the day is spent on TSR, Facebook, watching films and sorting out my UCAS. My sleeping patterns are shameful, i'm questioning whether i'm a vampire :lolwut:! I don't even remember the last time I picked up a book. My grammar/spelling is terrible..I don't eat alot, and i'm indoors ALL the time. What's worse, i'm on a gap yah..lord help me. On the bright after all this freaken UCAS + UKCAT is out on the way, i'll be off to the Big Apple.

I feel like my brain cells are buring away? How should I stop this ugly way of living? It is just a faze?

ReputationRep:
    :eviltongue: I feel exactly the same, except the being indoors bit ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    4 months without any mental/intellectual stimulation is really taking a toll on me. 99% of the day is spent on TSR, Facebook, watching films and sorting out my UCAS. My sleeping patterns are shameful, i'm questioning whether i'm a vampire :lolwut:! I don't even remember the last time I picked up a book. My grammar/spelling is terrible..I don't eat alot, and i'm indoors ALL the time. What's worse, i'm on a gap yah..lord help me. On the bright after all this freaken UCAS + UKCAT is out on the way, i'll be off to the Big Apple.

I feel like my brain cells are buring away? How should I stop this ugly way of living? It is just a faze?
    you're going to NY? when? cool! at least you have something to look forward too! Just wondering, how are you going to pay for your trip? Did you work on it?

Im the same, after work, im in the house all the freaking time. But im looking forward to go to uni next year!

ReputationRep:
    I get that feeling after every summer holiday. My sleeping pattern has always been awful hence why im replying to this at this hour.

ReputationRep:
    Start reading lots of (moderately intellectual) books and spend less time on Facebook and TSR.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Its typical of TSR to do this to people

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully my brain seems immune to such degredation, however i've got a feeling that it's gonna hit me like a brick one day.....

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I'm doing the same! Happily I'm off to India for five months, but not til Feb! I can't carry on like this.

ReputationRep:
    ...and more dumber :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    you're going to NY? when? cool! at least you have something to look forward too! Just wondering, how are you going to pay for your trip? Did you work on it?

Im the same, after work, im in the house all the freaking time. But im looking forward to go to uni next year!
    I'm off to NY in the next 4 weeks; i'm going to sound like a spoilt little brat but mummy's paying for me. I think she feels sorry for me..lol. I need to clear my head so this is the best time for me to travel. I have family there so it's all good (Y). When I come back i'll be working my ass off to save up for uni and driving lessons. On your sig it says you're applying to Nottingham, same!

ReputationRep:
    I've got this feeling and I'm at university. If it wasn't for my manic note-taking, I don't think I'd have a clue what's been said in my lectures so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    ...and more dumber :awesome:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp0cg91rK2o

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: just kiddi!! here is a good advice, try to stay away from facebook and TSR for a few days and you'll see a dramatic changes in your life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I'm off to NY in the next 4 weeks; i'm going to sound like a spoilt little brat but mummy's paying for me. I think she feels sorry for me..lol. I need to clear my head so this is the best time for me to travel. I have family there so it's all good (Y). When I come back i'll be working my ass off to save up for uni and driving lessons. On your sig it says you're applying to Nottingham, same!
    Wow lucky youuu! I wish i could do that, travel and stuff. But i have to pay for my own though. Im working a lot right now actually, but even if i make good money, its still not enough. Oh well, im gonna try and save as much as i can before i go there for next year. And hopefully i get a student visa and not have any problems with it. :P

Good luck on your trip!!! Im sure you'll have a blast! NY is beautiful! What course are you applying for in nottingham?

Eugh I feel exactly the same, even though I will start uni in two weeks the several months since exams finished I haven't read a book, read a newspaper, looked at the news, written anything, read none of the prelimenary reading, done sweet fa, just worked, gone out down the pub most weeknights and out out on the weekends, and napping.
    I am doing politics so I think I better get back on the ball with the news and that, I just cannot be ******, and feel pretty stupid now. I used to debate current affairs reguarly on here and in the MUN, but have just lost all motivation to do anything stimulating.
    Saying that once I am back in the swing of learning i'll be fine. I dread to think the state of any gap yearers after the year.

ReputationRep:
    Wow lucky youuu! I wish i could do that, travel and stuff. But i have to pay for my own though. Im working a lot right now actually, but even if i make good money, its still not enough. Oh well, im gonna try and save as much as i can before i go there for next year. And hopefully i get a student visa and not have any problems with it. :P

Good luck on your trip!!! Im sure you'll have a blast! NY is beautiful! What course are you applying for in nottingham?
    I really really do hope you get the chance to travel :yes: Are you American? .. Thanks alot, I hope to make the most of it there, visit the sites, explore different cultures and all that jazz. I'm applying for either biochemistry or neuroscience, still undecided yet..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I really really do hope you get the chance to travel :yes: Are you American? .. Thanks alot, I hope to make the most of it there, visit the sites, explore different cultures and all that jazz. I'm applying for either biochemistry or neuroscience, still undecided yet..
    Yeah i know. But i think ill just do that once im over there. If im here and i travel my mom would think im just wasting money. haha Are you done with your PS? I haven't even started yet, i keep working on it and when im not satisfied i make a new one and erase the other one. lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know. But i think ill just do that once im over there. If im here and i travel my mom would think im just wasting money. haha Are you done with your PS? I haven't even started yet, i keep working on it and when im not satisfied i make a new one and erase the other one. lol
    Yeah, well I think I am? My deadline is on the 15th OCT so the PS just has to be done :p: I also have to do an apitute test as part of my application, I've practiced but not that much, I just keep procrastinating..the test is on the 7th OCT :/.. also, I need to sort out a few resits for jan and june after that i'm STRESS FREE for now lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    Yeah, well I think I am? My deadline is on the 15th OCT so the PS just has to be done :p: I also have to do an apitute test as part of my application, I've practiced but not that much, I just keep procrastinating..the test is on the 7th OCT :/.. also, I need to sort out a few resits for jan and june after that i'm STRESS FREE for now lol.
    where else are you applying? To oxbridge? wow you have a lot going on there! Dont rush!

ReputationRep:
    where else are you applying? To oxbridge? wow you have a lot going on there! Dont rush!
    Yeah I need to stress less..
    haha no I wish :p: I'm applying to UEA and Southampton for medicine w/ foundation year, Essex and Queen Mary for biomedical science and Nottingham for Neuroscience or Biochemistry. The uni choices are subject to change

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.