Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of applying for maths or maths and stats.

I enjoy pure maths aswell as stats so I wouldn't mind doing either course. I figured I might aswell apply for the one thats easier to get into. I also read that for the 1st two years both courses follow similar structures so it is possible to switch.

Also is there a seperate stats interview for the maths & stats course?

What do people think is easier to get an offer for?

ReputationRep:
    Apply for the course that appeals to you he most same with the college. Play to your strengths (esp with the MAT) and passions if course structure truly isn't an issue and you have the rift A level subjects make a decsiom that suits after more research.

I have more specific Oxbridge advice but tbh if you are really committed to Oxford and truly love your subject easy admissions shouldn't be an issue.

Edit: maths and stats seems very probability and analysis based does this appeal to you? As well as the 4 year MMath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanLloyd)
    Apply for the course that appeals to you he most same with the college. Play to your strengths (esp with the MAT) and passions if course structure truly isn't an issue and you have the rift A level subjects make a decsiom that suits after more research.

I have more specific Oxbridge advice but tbh if you are really committed to Oxford and truly love your subject easy admissions shouldn't be an issue.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll stick to straight maths then.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to have been a help I had similar trouble last year and found this to be the best solution. Good luck with your Oxford application

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.