Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you pour salt down, will slugs simply stay away, or go over it and die?

Edit:
    I don't want to ******* kill slugs, could people stop making out like I do?
    I just want to find deterrents.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: dehydrate

ReputationRep:
    they will die

ReputationRep:
    I think they go over it and the salt draws the water out of them so they kind of squirm and squiggle and then froth yah

ReputationRep:
    Last time I did it, it turned a yellowish colour and i'm sure that if I listened a little I could hear it withering in pain.

ReputationRep:
    So they can't sense is and avoid it then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    That's quite an extreme reaction you got there!

I don't like slugs at all, just like I don't like most molluscs, crustaceans, arachnids and insects, but I try my damnedest not to kill them because I know they're just going about their daily lives, and that they provide food for fluffy things like birds :yep:
    Ahh i hate them too. I've never killed any slugs before, but i killed some spiders before as they are the most scariest insect or whatever that i have ever seen. It was accidental though. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Ahh i hate them too. I've never killed any slugs before, but i killed some spiders before as they are the most scariest insect or whatever that i have ever seen. It was accidental though. :P
    I remember one time i was in a forest and this HUGE, HAIRY SPIDER was on my back pack! :zomg: I did the panic dance and didn't see the spider again, however in the back of my mind, i know its just around there somewhere probably lurking around. LOL

Woaaaah, nice one! I'd love to go to AMAZON and see those wild animals! The only thing thats scary are the wild reptiles/insects innit. :P Good luck on that course though, im pretty sure you'll face your fear of spiders and get over it.

Thank you! I will sure have a blast over there. Can't wait!

Have you ever seen the biggest crab ever? :eek:
    Oh no that's too bad that you're so scared of spiders!

Spoiler:
    Show

Oh and OP I have no idea, I wouldn't try it if you like slugs though.

Where did the rest of the posts on this thread go? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH)
    Oh no that's too bad that you're so scared of spiders!

Spoiler:
    Show

Oh and OP I have no idea, I wouldn't try it if you like slugs though.

Where did the rest of the posts on this thread go? :s
    WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so much fun :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I lol'd at that animation have some rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH)
    I lol'd at that animation have some rep
    Thank yoooooooou!

ReputationRep:
    Killing slugs with salt is pretty rank, they leave a **** mess on your floor. I find it easier just to use a dustpan and chuck them outside or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    Killing slugs with salt is pretty rank, they leave a **** mess on your floor. I find it easier just to use a dustpan and chuck them outside or something
    :facepalm2:
    Why does everyone presume I want to kill slugs, what part of my post says that? For the love of God.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there are slug deterrents. Salt def kills them, though.

Are they eating your plants or summut?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    If you pour salt down, will slugs simply stay away, or go over it and die?
    They might touch it but they'll realise it's not good for them and they'll avoid going across it. Since salt can potentially blow away even in a tiny breeze, though, you may want to consider alternatives if this is something you're just laying down somewhere and leaving for a while. You're not wanting to kill them so cheap lager's definitely out of the question (slugs love beer and a margarine tub or similar which the slugs can drown in is a trap gardeners commonly use which will kill slugs in their droves). Chalk supposedly works as a deterrent. Copper might as well - it supposedly reacts with the slug's slime and passes an electric current through them...

Give http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A2876862 a read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    They might touch it but they'll realise it's not good for them and they'll avoid going across it. Since salt can potentially blow away even in a tiny breeze, though, you may want to consider alternatives if this is something you're just laying down somewhere and leaving for a while. You're not wanting to kill them so cheap lager's definitely out of the question (slugs love beer and a margarine tub or similar which the slugs can drown in is a trap gardeners commonly use which will kill slugs in their droves). Chalk supposedly works as a deterrent. Copper might as well - it supposedly reacts with the slug's slime and passes an electric current through them...

Give http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A2876862 a read
    Brilliant, we've got slugs in our bathroom, so salt should work then:P.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.