Turn on thread page Beta

Deferred entry, different university watch

    • Thread Starter

    My first choice, Winchester University, changed my course in 2010, so I had to take on Southampton University but I didn't get the grades, so I was offered to study at Aberystwyth, my insurance choice. I deferred that entry to 2011, and Winchester have since restarted my course. I know I can't apply through UCAS without losing my deferred entry, do I have any possibility to apply straight to Winchester again without losing the Aberystwyth offer?
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    You would need to ask Aber to release you in order to reapply, so this would mean losing your offer. You could ask Aber how likely they are to give you another offer, though, and reapply to them too.
Cats or dogs?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.