Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see the show on BBC by John Humphreys?

He went on about what can be done to 'close the gap'. At the end he looked at two schools, one academy and one comprehensive that were doing really well, having improved massively in recent years. And he was asking why they were doing so well.

I don't know why he didn't pick up on it in his conclusion, but it was blatantly obvious why those schools were doing so well was because they had quality headmasters. I know from my old school that they used to be small and a dying grammar school, but when the new (by now I think retired) headmaster came it turned around, the sixth form multiplied by 3, 4 and the year after me had 20 people get into Oxbridge.

So for one why didn't the old jackass pick up on this (I say jackass because he just made another programme so that people hear what they wanna hear, the gap is not closing or something was his conclusion) he even talked to some management consultant in the city who came up with the idea of Teach First and said that the quality of a business is only as good as that of its staff; and why does the government not pick up on this and try to get better leaders into school?

I mean it's like businesses - those that have good CEO's do best.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.