Turn on thread page Beta

How Do You Take Yourself Off The Electoral Roll? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, after 10 minutes of boring google searching I gave up. It's kinda' ironic how every time I searched "Take Yourself Off The Electoral Roll" all the pages where flooded with "Put Yourself On The Electoral Roll." :rolleyes:

So the question is, how do I get myself off the commercial, and the master electoral roll, for good?

Thank you.

[PS: Please don't post back the first things you find on Google, as I've read them all. Please also don't post back the negitives of getting off the roll, as I've also read them too.]

ReputationRep:
    Your council should send a letter around once a year to check for voters at your address. You can then opt out of the commerical one, and possibly the normal one.

It's called Annual Canvass

ReputationRep:
    No answers, just a question: why? (Commercial I can understand, but that is possible (though obviously you'll be on any past copies of it).)

ReputationRep:
    Talk to the council. Removing yourself from the edited register can be done fairly easily, every year each council sends out a registration request, but you shouldn't remove yourself from the normal register as it's extremely beneficial to credit checks, plus you have to have registered well in advance for any elections that you may be eligible to vote in.

If you really do want to remove yourself from the master register, talk to the council about it when you contact them about the edited register.

ReputationRep:
    Can you even do that? I think the idea is to get people onto the electoral roll rather than off it. I suppose you could call up the council and ask them to remove you.

Why do you want to remove yourself from the register?

ReputationRep:
    [PS: Please don't post back the first things you find on Google, as I've read them all. Please also don't post back the negitives of getting off the roll, as I've also read them too.]
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    but you shouldn't remove yourself from the normal register as it's extremely beneficial to credit checks, plus you have to have registered well in advance for any elections that you may be eligible to vote in.
    Thanks for the rest of the info, I'll look into it.

ReputationRep:
    You cannot take yourself of the electrol roll however you can make yourself anon.

You can take yourself of the edited roll but that is used for credit checks and not just marketing... so you need to think carefully.

You MAY get canvassed but you may not, the University I'm with is a approached by the council to fulfill it's legal obligation of suppling it with information about students in it's hall every October.

Not sure why you would want to remove yourself from the main roll though....

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.