Turn on thread page Beta

Male 'Fashion' Scarfs (To you Guys & Girls) watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone find these a little weird? I mean, I'm a Straight.. slightly meterosexual man, that occasionaly wears cardigans and the odd pair of skinny jeans (for shame, I know), but wearing a fashion scarf is just a tad... weird? Anyone else agree, or disagree for that matter? Would any of you guys wear one (or have you!), and do you ladies like them or hate them?

An example:

ReputationRep:
    They are visual eye-candy for the fashion aficionados, you won't understand.

ReputationRep:
    Some people can pull it off. Not sure if I could. Personally, I think in general its looks alright.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are some kind of pop star you will inevitably look a ****.Same goes for most things beyond jean and a t-shirt.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think as a male, a normal grey scarf, looped in a knot is as far as i go, i used to wear one like that, and unless you live in a really 'trendy' part of town, people could start thinking your a bit of a fag

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them. They used to be worn as a symbol of Palestinian solidarity but they mean exactly nothing now, and most people wear them really badly to boot.

(Original post by Alcibiades)
    Unless you are some kind of pop star you will inevitably look a ****.Same goes for most things beyond jean and a t-shirt.
    Haha yeah unless you actually know how to dress yourself, in which case you'll look good :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Errr well it isn't 2005 anymore so no, I wouldn't wear one. And yes, if you're still wearing them (or the cardigan/skinnies combo) you'll look stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan. It's an accesory where one isn't needed, and as far as I'm concerned a good male look is always uncluttered. What is it supposed to add? There's also the problem that scarves like that are quite dainty and thus tend to look pretty effeminate.

ReputationRep:
    No one who considers themselves even slightly fashionable would be caught dead wearing that. It's the signature piece of ******s and douchebags

ReputationRep:
    Looks totally fine by my standard.
    Some people don't suit scarves but some do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.