Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm on temporary enrolment at QMUL as I applied as a mature student through clearing and didn't have my original qualification's (A-level's). Therefore they cannot release my student loan until I get this. That is not a problem as I have ordered them from my exam board, BUT it will take a while before I get them, whereas my temporary enrolment ends on October 22nd. I am financially very 'screwed' at the moment, and my student loan would MASSIVELY help right about now! What can I do??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sizzzla112)
    I'm on temporary enrolment at QMUL as I applied as a mature student through clearing and didn't have my original qualification's (A-level's). Therefore they cannot release my student loan until I get this. That is not a problem as I have ordered them from my exam board, BUT it will take a while before I get them, whereas my temporary enrolment ends on October 22nd. I am financially very 'screwed' at the moment, and my student loan would MASSIVELY help right about now! What can I do??!
    Maybe you should contact the exam board explain your situation and ask them if they can send it sooner or send you a letter of proof. I think you should go the Student Administration Office in the Queens Building (room: CB05) and tell them your situation and ask if there is any way to postpone the date, in case your certificate doesn't come before then.

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar position to you.

Basically, the 22nd of Oct date is an informal deadline. If you've ordered your qualifications and they're being processed, they will be happy to extend the deadline. They told me you do not get automatically deregistered.

As for your financial situation, the same office has the authority to give you an advance on your loan while you're waiting for it to come through. Go speak to them and see how much they can offer you.

I myself am financially screwed since I did 2 years elsewhere and may or may not get a tuition fee loan + maintainance grant lolski

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLostProphet)
    I was in a similar position to you.

Basically, the 22nd of Oct date is an informal deadline. If you've ordered your qualifications and they're being processed, they will be happy to extend the deadline. They told me you do not get automatically deregistered.

As for your financial situation, the same office has the authority to give you an advance on your loan while you're waiting for it to come through. Go speak to them and see how much they can offer you.

I myself am financially screwed since I did 2 years elsewhere and may or may not get a tuition fee loan + maintainance grant lolski
    So you mean, if they really really wanted, they could authorise to release my student loan? I can't even afford travel at the mo... Sucks

ReputationRep:
    No, I mean they'll give you some money so you can get the basics done, like a Travelcard. Then you pay them back when your money comes through.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.