Turn on thread page Beta

Girls; what is you mentality when 'going out'? watch

Announcements

It's a known fact that when most guys go out to clubs etc they are on the lookout for girls even if it's not the primary objective. Although you do get some guys who go out simply 'on the pull'.

I very rarely hear girls going on in the same manner but obviously a large majority will end up either dancing, kissing or going further with a guy.

Girls do you actively go out looking for a guy, are you simply open to the idea or are you totally against it and to what level of pulling?

ReputationRep:
    I go out to dance, have fun, laugh and be with friends. Even when I was single that was my mentality. I don't like "pulling" and I don't plan to hook up with someone I've met in a club.

ReputationRep:
    to have as much fun as humanly possible. usually means dancing all night with good friends, to good music

ReputationRep:
    To get dressed up mainly. Its the only excuse I get to wear make up and dress nice. Me and my friends always have the most fun of the night getting ready, after that its usually downhill. Secondly its to dance and have fun interactions with other drunkards. Thirdly its hoping to see if the guy I like is out as well. Never in my life have I gone out looking to pull a random just for sex or even a kiss and I dont see that ever happening either.

ReputationRep:
    They pretend they just do it to have fun, but we know what it's really all about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    They pretend they just do it to have fun, but we know what it's really all about.
    Exactly mate. Girls spend HOURS choosing outfits, getting ready, doing their hair, putting on makeup etc etc. They want to be noticed for their efforts, and they want to be approached on nights out.

The reality is, girls desire sex just as much as men, but they just won't admit it. Don't believe any girl who says otherwise, it's just a fascade they put up because they don't want to appear a 'slut' in the eyes of society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    Exactly mate. Girls spend HOURS choosing outfits, getting ready, doing their hair, putting on makeup etc etc. They want to be noticed for their efforts, and they want to be approached on nights out.

The reality is, girls desire sex just as much as men, but they just won't admit it. Don't believe any girl who says otherwise, it's just a fascade they put up because they don't want to appear a 'slut' in the eyes of society.
    Well personally speaking yes I do want to be desired, and yes I do want guys looking but NO I dont want to have sex with them. I truly genuinely dont. Wanting to be desired is completely different to actually wanting sex. Maybe its not for guys, but it is for girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arnotts)
    Well personally speaking yes I do want to be desired, and yes I do want guys looking but NO I dont want to have sex with them. I truly genuinely dont. Wanting to be desired is completely different to actually wanting sex. Maybe its not for guys, but it is for girls.
    Attention seeking/validation seeking girl then? I don't care what girls SAY, they can deny all they want that they 'don't want sex' but it's rarely the truth. Just admit that you won't admit it because you fear being labelled a 'slut'.

And I would be willing to bet that if you met the RIGHT guy, one who stood out from all the usual drunken idiots, who was friendly, confident, charming and who turned you on, then this idea that you 'don't want sex' would go straight out the window....

Sorry, but I've been around women long enough to know what the real truth is.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go clubbing =D
    And on the incredibly rare occasions I have gone clubbing, I have warn what is comfy (t-shirt and jeans) =D - now tell me I'm looking for male attention, haha!

Attention seeking/validation seeking girl then? I don't care what girls SAY, they can deny all they want that they 'don't want sex' but it's rarely the truth. Just admit that you won't admit it because you fear being labelled a 'slut'.

And I would be willing to bet that if you met the RIGHT guy, one who stood out from all the usual drunken idiots, who was friendly, confident, charming and who turned you on, then this idea that you 'don't want sex' would go straight out the window....

Sorry, but I've been around women long enough to know what the score is.
    I'm sorry I'm not going to lie to you to please the way you think. I'm freaking anonymous as a person to you! You have no idea who I am and I couldnt give a **** being labelled a whore on the internet. I have refused to have sex with the guy I like in town because it didnt appeal to me. I need to know someone emotionally to be able to enjoy sex with them. I am a person with an extremely low sex drive though so maybe I dont represent the average woman. But I am still in fact a woman that doesnt go out clubbing to have sex. I go out for the reasons I stated in another post. And yeah I admit it it, I love knowing guys like me, dont most people like knowing people find them attractive?

ReputationRep:
    Crap that wasnt meant to actually be posted as anonymous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a person with an extremely low sex drive though so maybe I dont represent the average woman.
    You certainly don't...not from my experience anyway. Many girls who frequent clubs are easy to pull, especially when they've had a few drinks.

And there's no need to get so bitter and angry about it, like you have in your replies here. You act like it's 'wrong to like sex' or like you have hangups about it or something, or that it's wrong for a guy to go to a club looking for a girl to have sex with.

I make NO APOLOGIES for my desires as a man and I make NO APOLOGIES for approaching girls on nights out to look for sex.... and I have the utmost respect if a girl is not interested too, it's fair enough.

It's 2010, not the dark ages....people need to start seeing sex for what it REALLY is, i.e. a normal, natural human need and nothing to be ashamed of etc.

Girls need to stop pretending they're 'not looking for it', and need to stop looking down at men for being so open about it. It's reality people, get used to it....

ReputationRep:
    I go to the bars to have a good time with my friends. I never say no to a guy who takes the time to ask me to dance with him nicely. I put up with some of the grinding, but grope me and you'll get a slap louder than the music.

ReputationRep:
    You certainly don't...
    But the thing is even when I do feel that way it still makes me sick to think about sleeping with a random even if hes good looking. Most girls I know are like that too, so I still dont get why you think most girls goals when going out is to hook up. I'm not denying theres definitley girls that do it, but its not even in the same ballpark as with guys.

ReputationRep:
    You certainly don't...not from my experience anyway. Many girls who frequent clubs are easy to pull, especially when they've had a few drinks.

And there's no need to get so bitter and angry about it, like you have in your replies here. You act like it's 'wrong to like sex' or like you have hangups about it or something, or that it's wrong for a guy to go to a club looking for a girl to have sex with.

I make NO APOLOGIES for my desires as a man and I make NO APOLOGIES for approaching girls on nights out to look for sex.... and I have the utmost respect if a girl is not interested too, it's fair enough.

It's 2010, not the dark ages....people need to start seeing sex for what it REALLY is, i.e. a normal, natural human need and nothing to be ashamed of etc.

Girls need to stop pretending they're 'not looking for it', and need to stop looking down at men for being so open about it. It's reality people, get used to it....
    Its just the generalisation that I am angry about. I honestly dont get how you think all us girls are lying when we replied just for the fun of it, just because thats not what you go out for, doesnt mean its not what alot of girls do.

ReputationRep:
    But the thing is even when I do feel that way it still makes me sick to think about sleeping with a random even if hes good looking.
    I respect that some girls don't find same-night sex with a guy appealing, and if a girl told me she wasn't interested I'd wish her a good night and leave her alone because I respect that.

Most girls I know are like that too,
    Hang on a second! Those girls APPEAR to 'not want sex' or 'not like sex' while around you or their other female friends, but that is because they fear being unfairly judged for their liking of sex.

I've got news for you....if those same girls were to meet a guy who turned them on, and they were alone with him and there was no way the girl could ever be judged by anyone, then she would be highly likely to have sex with him.

So I'd say you DON'T know the absolute truth as to how much your friends REALLY like sex. How they act around you would be TOTALLY different than how they'd act if alone with a guy who turned them on.

so I still dont get why you think most girls goals when going out is to hook up.
    Personal experience tells me everything I need to know.

I'm not denying theres definitley girls that do it, but its not even in the same ballpark as with guys.
    Again dear....this is what you've been LEAD TO BELIEVE, because women are taught to DOWNPLAY their love of sex. The absolute reality is different to what you actually see.

ReputationRep:
    I respect that some girls don't find same-night sex with a guy appealing, and if a girl told me she wasn't interested I'd wish her a good night and leave her alone because I respect that.

Hang on a second! Those girls APPEAR to 'not want sex' or 'not like sex' while around you or their other female friends, but that is because they fear being unfairly judged for their liking of sex.

I've got news for you....if those same girls were to meet a guy who turned them on, and they were alone with him and there was no way the girl could ever be judged by anyone, then she would be highly likely to have sex with him.

So I'd say you DON'T know the absolute truth as to how much your friends REALLY like sex. How they act around you would be TOTALLY different than how they'd act if alone with a guy who turned them on.

Personal experience tells me everything I need to know.

Again dear....this is what you've been LEAD TO BELIEVE, because women are taught to DOWNPLAY their love of sex. The absolute reality is different to what you actually see.
    Ok you're probably right that a ton of girls do go out for that reason. As long as you know there are genuinely girls that arent going out for that reason also than I guess we can stop arguing. Personal experience with myself and my best friend (who I bonded with because we were very alike in most aspects) is also all I need to know that you're at least wrong in your assumption of 'all' girls.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and another thing, my friends that love sex dont downplay it to me. You must be underestimating how close girls are to their friends. I hear about their sex lives all the time and dont think they're whores just because I dont.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go clubbing, but if i do, its only to be with my friends and have fun *without sex*.
    I have a bf and cheating is not my personality.

ReputationRep:
    This. But its probably alittle subconcious in most cases.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.