Turn on thread page Beta

Girls; what is you mentality when 'going out'? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arnotts)
    Oh and another thing, my friends that love sex dont downplay it to me. You must be underestimating how close girls are to their friends. I hear about their sex lives all the time and dont think they're whores just because I dont.
    Tbh I do think guys gossip alot more about sex than girls. (Usually cause the label is positive rather than negative as it is for girls). Even so there are alot of things I dont tell my friends because they just dont need to know.

And I think girls are alot more secretive than us guys.

ReputationRep:
    To get dressed up mainly. Its the only excuse I get to wear make up and dress nice. Me and my friends always have the most fun of the night getting ready, after that its usually downhill. Secondly its to dance and have fun interactions with other drunkards. Thirdly its hoping to see if the guy I like is out as well. Never in my life have I gone out looking to pull a random just for sex or even a kiss and I dont see that ever happening either.
    Everything said above.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    Attention seeking/validation seeking girl then? I don't care what girls SAY, they can deny all they want that they 'don't want sex' but it's rarely the truth. Just admit that you won't admit it because you fear being labelled a 'slut'.

And I would be willing to bet that if you met the RIGHT guy, one who stood out from all the usual drunken idiots, who was friendly, confident, charming and who turned you on, then this idea that you 'don't want sex' would go straight out the window....

Sorry, but I've been around women long enough to know what the real truth is.
    What a misogynist you are. I'm happily married and certainly don't go out looking to pull. I go out to drink and dance with friends, and in fact that was the case when I was single also.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the whole "drunken pulling" game, I used to see my friends do it all the time and they always regretted it afterwards, and I know I would be the same too if I did it. When I go out I just like to dress up and have a dance and a drink with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    Some people don't like one nighters. Hardly surprising.

ReputationRep:
    I never plan to hook up because im taken =] I go out hoping to look good/get tipsy/have a good laugh with my friends =]

ReputationRep:
    I respect that some girls don't find same-night sex with a guy appealing, and if a girl told me she wasn't interested I'd wish her a good night and leave her alone because I respect that.

Hang on a second! Those girls APPEAR to 'not want sex' or 'not like sex' while around you or their other female friends, but that is because they fear being unfairly judged for their liking of sex.

I've got news for you....if those same girls were to meet a guy who turned them on, and they were alone with him and there was no way the girl could ever be judged by anyone, then she would be highly likely to have sex with him.

So I'd say you DON'T know the absolute truth as to how much your friends REALLY like sex. How they act around you would be TOTALLY different than how they'd act if alone with a guy who turned them on.

Personal experience tells me everything I need to know.

Again dear....this is what you've been LEAD TO BELIEVE, because women are taught to DOWNPLAY their love of sex. The absolute reality is different to what you actually see.

There is a huge difference between loving sex and agreeing to one night stands with a guy you just met.
    I love sex, I admit it outwardly, to my friends who are both guys and girls. But I would never have a one night stand with a guy I just met in a club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmJtr)
    This. But its probably alittle subconcious in most cases.
    ^ this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's a known fact that when most guys go out to clubs etc they are on the lookout for girls even if it's not the primary objective. Although you do get some guys who go out simply 'on the pull'.

I very rarely hear girls going on in the same manner but obviously a large majority will end up either dancing, kissing or going further with a guy.

Girls do you actively go out looking for a guy, are you simply open to the idea or are you totally against it and to what level of pulling?
    This is probably the pathetic post I've seen. I'm not sure what your motive is but I can tell you, you're not going to get an easy ride.

I hate clubs always have done,prefer gigs and concerts. Hate drunkards etc. When I do go out it tends to be smaller bars and rock pubs etc as opposed to clubs so you can have a convo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fidelity_blue)
    There is a huge difference between loving sex and agreeing to one night stands with a guy you just met.
    I love sex, I admit it outwardly, to my friends who are both guys and girls. But I would never have a one night stand with a guy I just met in a club.
    Thats what I meant when I said I had friends that openly admitted to loving sex. They dont have one night stands either, they're not ashamed of themselves but they want the guy emotionally first. I cant believe guys are trying to convince themselves that every girl is going out to find someone to have sex with. They wish.

Maybe I can agree that everyone goes out for a sexual 'thrill'. Impressing guys with your looks is part of that. I think guys are getting offended when girls imply they arent going out for them. Yes most are going out to impress you, doesnt mean we're all looking to engage in anything further with you. Does that mean every guy I flirt with when drunk thinks I want to have sex with him? Eww.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I meant when I said I had friends that openly admitted to loving sex. They dont have one night stands either, they're not ashamed of themselves but they want the guy emotionally first. I cant believe guys are trying to convince themselves that every girl is going out to find someone to have sex with. They wish.

Maybe I can agree that everyone goes out for a sexual 'thrill'. Impressing guys with your looks is part of that. I think guys are getting offended when girls imply they arent going out for them. Yes most are going out to impress you, doesnt mean we're all looking to engage in anything further with you. Does that mean every guy I flirt with when drunk thinks I want to have sex with him? Eww.
    Damn it I was meant to quote that guy who was giving you a hard time - I was agreeing with you anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    I go to the bars to have a good time with my friends. I never say no to a guy who takes the time to ask me to dance with him nicely. I put up with some of the grinding, but grope me and you'll get a slap louder than the music.
    In my naive days I used to ask a girl if she wanted to dance and I ALWAYS got weird looks for asking. Now I just don't bother unless I've had a good conversation with her first. Besides meeting girls in clubs never materialises into anything worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    The reality is, girls desire sex just as much as men, but they just won't admit it. Don't believe any girl who says otherwise, it's just a fascade they put up because they don't want to appear a 'slut' in the eyes of society.
    No they don't they just use sex to get men.
    That's why their sex drive plummets once they're married/in a completely secure relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I don't always seek a guy on a night out, I just seek a good time. But if it happens, it happens

ReputationRep:
    To get dressed up mainly. Its the only excuse I get to wear make up and dress nice. Me and my friends always have the most fun of the night getting ready, after that its usually downhill. Secondly its to dance and have fun interactions with other drunkards. Thirdly its hoping to see if the guy I like is out as well. Never in my life have I gone out looking to pull a random just for sex or even a kiss and I dont see that ever happening either.
    Ditto this.

ReputationRep:
    At uni, I go out mainly because it's way better than staying in. It's usually a bit **** because I mainly go out with boys (don't have many female friends here) and they all just want to pull, plus it's awkward dancing sexy in front of them. When I was single, I did pretty much go out to pull though, just for the rush really. No one-night-stands though, sometimes just a bit of flirting.

At home, I go out to dance like a maniac with my friends. When I was single, I still didn't really go out to pull because tbh it's annoying when one member of the group is blatantly scanning the room for guys and the rest of us are just dancing without a care in the world. Plus there aren't many hotties in the clubs we go :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fidelity_blue)
    Damn it I was meant to quote that guy who was giving you a hard time - I was agreeing with you anyway
    Oh ok, I thought maybe I was coming across wrong about the friends comment, but thats good I wasnt!

ReputationRep:
    When I go out clubbing I go out with my friends to dance and have a good time... Im in a relationship so obviously I dont go out on the pull and even when I was single that wasnt my intention either... I dont drink when I go clubbing either so that isnt a reason for going out! I just like to dance and can dance sober or drunk! haha. Quite a few of my friends on the other hand do go out to see how many guys they can get with but its their choice I guess.

ReputationRep:
    most of my friends have the attitude that we'll go out to have fun, and anything else is a bonus.. but sometimes it can be a bit more of an emphasis, i have to say! i don't think any of us would go out looking for full sex, but that's just my friendship group.. it would mainly just be kissing. and to be honest, people actually do look out for something a bit more meaningful than that to go along with, not just sex and that's it (though there is a lot of that too..)

to be honest, i think it depends on the girl

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.