The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
It's a known fact that when most guys go out to clubs etc they are on the lookout for girls even if it's not the primary objective. Although you do get some guys who go out simply 'on the pull'.

I very rarely hear girls going on in the same manner but obviously a large majority will end up either dancing, kissing or going further with a guy.

Girls do you actively go out looking for a guy, are you simply open to the idea or are you totally against it and to what level of pulling?

It depends on the girl

I'm always on the lookout for tits and ass. Muahaha.
Beadle's About
Attention seeking/validation seeking girl then? I don't care what girls SAY, they can deny all they want that they 'don't want sex' but it's rarely the truth. Just admit that you won't admit it because you fear being labelled a 'slut'.

And I would be willing to bet that if you met the RIGHT guy, one who stood out from all the usual drunken idiots, who was friendly, confident, charming and who turned you on, then this idea that you 'don't want sex' would go straight out the window....

Sorry, but I've been around women long enough to know what the real truth is.

The reason I like getting ready is partly that, but also a lot of it is because I like the whole girly camaraderie and getting ready together and having a giggle. I loved getting ready last year when we were in halls because most of the girls in our corridor would pool wardrobes and get ready together and it was just really nice.
Also, yes, girls probably do want sex as much as boys, but a lot of girls would like to have sex with a boyfriend, not a stranger in a club (also some girls don't mind that obviously). Therefore there are girls who do actually go out with no intention to "pull"
Reply 42
forsaken_earth
It depends on the girl

I'm always on the lookout for tits and ass. Muahaha.

Man tits or woman tits, if women tits, thats haawwt, if not, shame on you!
newts2k
Man tits or woman tits, if women tits, thats haawwt, if not, shame on you!

what do YOU think, which tits and ass are more aesthetically pleasing??? I suggest using the method of reduction and maybe your brain :p:
Reply 44
Beadle's About
Exactly mate. Girls spend HOURS choosing outfits, getting ready, doing their hair, putting on makeup etc etc. They want to be noticed for their efforts, and they want to be approached on nights out.

The reality is, girls desire sex just as much as men, but they just won't admit it. Don't believe any girl who says otherwise, it's just a fascade they put up because they don't want to appear a 'slut' in the eyes of society.

Isn't it annoying when people think that only they know the complete truth of the world?
Grow up.
Reply 45
Well I'm not a girl so I can't say for sure, but seems to me like they probably go out to have fun, and if they meet a guy who seems nice and attractive or whatever then that's just another way of having fun? Well it is in my opinion anyway.
Reply 46
Beadle's About

Hang on a second! Those girls APPEAR to 'not want sex' or 'not like sex' while around you or their other female friends, but that is because they fear being unfairly judged for their liking of sex.

I've got news for you....if those same girls were to meet a guy who turned them on, and they were alone with him and there was no way the girl could ever be judged by anyone, then she would be highly likely to have sex with him.

Beadle, are you part of the community?? :holmes: give me a pm if you are :smile:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 47
forsaken_earth
what do YOU think, which tits and ass are more aesthetically pleasing??? I suggest using the method of reduction and maybe your brain :p:

But you're a chick no?
Davezk
In my naive days I used to ask a girl if she wanted to dance and I ALWAYS got weird looks for asking. Now I just don't bother unless I've had a good conversation with her first. Besides meeting girls in clubs never materialises into anything worthwhile.

maybe, maybe not. you never know these things.
BumperBo
No they don't they just use sex to get men.
That's why their sex drive plummets once they're married/in a completely secure relationship.

That's ********, dog. Their sex doesn't plummet when married; sex just gets routine and monotonous, then women cheat/have affairs.
(edited 13 years ago)
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
What a misogynist you are. I'm happily married and certainly don't go out looking to pull. I go out to drink and dance with friends, and in fact that was the case when I was single also.

I'm not a misogynist at all. I like and respect women. I just don't agree that 'women don't like sex as much as men' or 'most women don't go out on the pull'.

Just because I disagreed with a female does NOT make me a misogynist.
fidelity_blue
There is a huge difference between loving sex and agreeing to one night stands with a guy you just met.
I love sex, I admit it outwardly, to my friends who are both guys and girls. But I would never have a one night stand with a guy I just met in a club.

You only say 'I don't do one nighters' because you're used to the typical drunken idiots in clubs. And I'll admit, 95% of men who go to clubs are dicks, they have no clue how to properly approach a girl, they have no clue what to say, no clue about body language, no clue how to lead, they lack class, they lack charm, etc and so in this respect I can see why a might say 'I don't do one-nighters' or 'I don't hook up with men in clubs'.

But there are a small percentage of men, probably less than 5%, who are REALLY good with women and know how to approach women, make a good impression and get them turned on. They are confident, charming, and know how to hold and lead the conversation etc.

A guy who is good with women could get a girl who 'doesn't do one nighters' to have sex with him.

I know all this to be true from personal experience.

So, I disagree with this notion that 'girls don't go out to pull'. Maybe for many it isn't the first thought in their mind....maybe you wouldn't do one nighters/hook-ups with MOST men...but then that ONE guy who is DIFFERENT turns up and all that goes out the window.

I always make it my aim to be the exception when I go out to a club. Girls may be sick of 'most men' in clubs, but I am one of the few who knows what he's doing when it comes to approaching and attracting women so I rarely get brushed off as 'just another guy'. Of course I get rejected a lot too, but it is never because I am 'the average bar guy' but more because the girl just wasn't looking for anything etc.
kim1234567
Isn't it annoying when people think that only they know the complete truth of the world?
Grow up.

Why do I have to 'grow up' just because I am exposing something many girls just won't admit to.I'd say it's the girls who are hiding their true desires that need to 'grow up', and not me....

And if you think you know the full story about why girls go to clubs, let me ask you a question. How many girls have you approached in clubs? How many girls have you asked to go home with you the same night? None I'd bet. Well in that case you're not qualified to comment.

I've approached probably thousands of girls over the years and so I know the score...
Beadle's About
You only say 'I don't do one nighters' because you're used to the typical drunken idiots in clubs. And I'll admit, 95% of men who go to clubs are dicks, they have no clue how to properly approach a girl, they have no clue what to say, no clue about body language, no clue how to lead, they lack class, they lack charm, etc and so in this respect I can see why a might say 'I don't do one-nighters' or 'I don't hook up with men in clubs'.

But there are a small percentage of men, probably less than 5%, who are REALLY good with women and know how to approach women, make a good impression and get them turned on. They are confident, charming, and know how to hold and lead the conversation etc.

A guy who is good with women could get a girl who 'doesn't do one nighters' to have sex with him.

I know all this to be true from personal experience.

So, I disagree with this notion that 'girls don't go out to pull'. Maybe for many it isn't the first thought in their mind....maybe you wouldn't do one nighters/hook-ups with MOST men...but then that ONE guy who is DIFFERENT turns up and all that goes out the window.

I always make it my aim to be the exception when I go out to a club. Girls may be sick of 'most men' in clubs, but I am one of the few who knows what he's doing when it comes to approaching and attracting women so I rarely get brushed off as 'just another guy'. Of course I get rejected a lot too, but it is never because I am 'the average bar guy' but more because the girl just wasn't looking for anything etc.

I disagree, no matter how charming and lovely a guy is - if I've just met him that night, I'm not going to have sex with him. Give him my number? Yeah. Maybe have sex with him after dates? Yeah.
I find it ridiculous that you think you know the minds of all women...when you so clearly don't. Plus - even if that situation did come about with a girl - finding this rare guy who she falls for - that doesn't mean she "went out on the pull". I agree some girls go out on the pull - but not all, and the fact that you think this is actually laughable. Going out on the pull = leaving the house with the intention to find someone to get with sexually or otherwise (however that person defines it). Going out with the intention to have fun with your friends, have a drink and dance, and then ONCE in your life having sex with the most charming guy =/= "going out on the pull" fool.
fidelity_blue
I disagree, no matter how charming and lovely a guy is - if I've just met him that night, I'm not going to have sex with him. Give him my number? Yeah. Maybe have sex with him after dates? Yeah.

My guess is that you haven't ever met such a guy, and when/if such a rare guy ever comes along you'll sleep with him and rationalise it to yourself later by telling yourself 'oh, I don't usually do this but he was just different so he doesn't count'....

I can't tell you have many times this has happened to me...

fidelity_blue
I find it ridiculous that you think you know the minds of all women...when you so clearly don't.

I would never dare say I know what goes on in the minds of women, but I know from my experience what the truth is and what is ********. What women SAY and that they ACTUALLY DO are two very different things.

fidelity_blue
Plus - even if that situation did come about with a girl - finding this rare guy who she falls for - that doesn't mean she "went out on the pull".

No, but it means women are susceptible to the influence of a guy they find really compelling, charming and attractive. This kind of guy is rare. She might not have 'gone out on the pull', but women are hardwired to respond to certain things....and if a guy comes along who she is attracted to, the fact that she 'didn't go out on the pull' wouldn't mean a thing.

If a guy who is really good with women can 'push the right buttons' on a girl, then I don't care whether she 'went out to pull' or not, she is going to find him attractive.

fidelity_blue
I agree some girls go out on the pull - but not all, and the fact that you think this is actually laughable.

I never once said 'All women go out to pull'. But I do think a lot do. And I do think that even if a girl SAYS 'she's not out to pull', that she is still susceptible to be 'chatted up' (for want of a better term) IF ther guy knows what he's doing.

fidelity_blue
I Going out on the pull = leaving the house with the intention to find someone to get with sexually or otherwise (however that person defines it). Going out with the intention to have fun with your friends, have a drink and dance, and then ONCE in your life having sex with the most charming guy =/= "going out on the pull" fool.

Again dear....a girl will rarely 'admit' to 'going out with the intention to pull'....but most women secretly want to be approached by a compelling, interesting guy. They might not ADMIT this, but deep down most women would LOVE to be approached by a super guy (not your typical dickhead bar guy) on their night out, even if they're 'not out on the pull'. Sometimes people meet someone great even when they're 'not looking'.

No woman wakes up and thinks 'gee I DON'T want to be swept off my feet today'.

So my conclusion is even if a woman didn't go out 'on the pull', their 'attraction radar' is always running and will respond if they meet a guy who they are attracted to. It's the way women are hardwired, it's the blueprint of life as designed by nature...if you find someone attractive then you find them attractive, whether you 'went out on the pull' or not.
(edited 13 years ago)
Beadle's About
My guess is that you haven't ever met such a guy, and when/if such a rare guy ever comes along you'll sleep with him and rationalise it to yourself later by telling yourself 'oh, I don't usually do this but he was just different so he doesn't count'....

I can't tell you have many times this has happened to me...

No I wouldn't. You don't know me. But I would never sleep with a guy I just met. No matter how bloody amazing he was - I wouldn't, so don't think you have the right to tell me that I would.

I would never dare say I know what goes on in the minds of women, but I know from my experience what the truth is and what is ********. What women SAY and that they ACTUALLY DO are two very different things.

Yes well you're certainly spouting a lot of **** that suggests you think you do.

No, but it means women are susceptible to the influence of a guy they find really compelling, charming and attractive. This kind of guy is rare. She might not have 'gone out on the pull', but women are hardwired to respond to certain things....and if a guy comes along who she is attracted to, the fact that she 'didn't go out on the pull' wouldn't mean a thing.

If a guy who is really good with women can 'push the right buttons' on a girl, then I don't care whether she 'went out to pull' or not, she is going to find him attractive.

But the whole point of the thread was what are women's intentions when going out - and when someone replied saying they don't know many who go out on the pull you were like ******** YES THEY DO.

I never once said 'All women go out to pull'. But I do think a lot do. And I do think that even if a girl SAYS 'she's not out to pull', that she is still susceptible to be 'chatted up' (for want of a better term) IF ther guy knows what he's doing.

To be honest, most girls who go out on the pull admit to it. Maybe not to guys but definitely to their girl friends.

Again dear....a girl will rarely 'admit' to 'going out with the intention to pull'....but most women secretly want to be approached by a compelling, interesting guy. They might not ADMIT this, but deep down most women would LOVE to be approached by a super guy (not your typical dickhead bar guy) on their night out, even if they're 'not out on the pull'. Sometimes people meet someone great even when they're 'not looking'.

No woman wakes up and thinks 'gee I DON'T want to be swept off my feet today'.

So my conclusion is even if a woman didn't go out 'on the pull', their 'attraction radar' is always running and will respond if they meet a guy who they are attracted to. It's the way women are hardwired, it's the blueprint of life as designed by nature...if you find someone attractive then you find them attractive, whether you 'went out on the pull' or not.

Don't call me dear in a patronising tone. The whole point of this thread is what the original intentions of girls are when out, whic you seem to think for most is pulling but they won't admit it, or ever admit to liking sex. The whole point of this thread was NOT if some Mr Prince Charming (which you seem to think you are....which I very much doubt) can change the minds of girls who weren't intending to pull.
In conclusion, I don't even care about your opinion anymore, because you talk a load of rubbish and seem to think you're awesome.

Reply 56
Mate, we men don't understand women at the best of times, and most girls don't understand themselves. What makes you think that you are the exception?
Reply 57
To have a good time with friends.
fidelity_blue

At the end of the day....does it matter if a girl 'is out to pull' or 'out to have a a few drinks and a dance with her friends'?. As far as I'm concerned, it's possible to pull a girl from either category, especially since I am different to most men.

When I approach a girl, I don't concern myself with 'whether she's out to pull or not', I just concentrate on having a solid interaction and if there's any mutual attraction and it goes anywhere then great, if not then I respectfully wish her a good night and move onto another girl.

If I take a girl home from a club, does it matter if 'she went out with the intention to pull or not?'. Either way, the result was the same, i.e. both me and the girl met someone we liked and went home with them.

Given that it's possible to pull a girl whether she went out to pull or not, then it doesn't actually matter whether pulling was her intention or not because either way she still hooked up with a guy she was attracted to.

So in fact, this whole thread is a pointless argument. GUYS, YOU CAN PULL A GIRL WHETHER SHE 'WENT OUT TO PULL' OR NOT.....ALL THAT MATTERS IS IF THERE IS ANY MUTUAL ATTRACTION OR CHEMISTRY THERE. If there is, then the fact she 'didn't go out to pull' doesn't matter. I've proved this TIME AND TIME AGAIN and I'll take my own REAL WORLD experiences over a bunch of bitter women in a student forum any day.
(edited 13 years ago)
I like going clubbing because I can dance like a crazy fool all night (whilst thinking I'm a real badass obviously) I can drink as much as I want so if I feel like getting tipsy I can, if I feel like getting hammered then I can. I can have a really good fun time and have a right laugh with my friends, esp my bestest friend :h: And of course theres the bonus of seeing hot guys around ... :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending