Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to talk to my HoY this morning about taking my Sociology A Level in 1 year instead of 2. I'm pretty confident that I can get an A* in 1 year, or at least a A.

The only university I really want to go to is Cambridge, and I know they don't like resits. In the event that I somehow did not get an A/A*, would resitting in year 13 make a difference to my Cambridge application?

ReputationRep:
    :bump:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Is there a particular reason for your wanting to do it in one year? If you have absolutely mastered the syllabus and can get an A*, then fair enough, but it would generally be better to spend the full two years on it and guarantee a high grade IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davros)
    Is there a particular reason for your wanting to do it in one year? If you have absolutely mastered the syllabus and can get an A*, then fair enough, but it would generally be better to spend the full two years on it and guarantee a high grade IMO.
    I want to do it it one year because it's really that easy. It's no more difficult than an extra GCSE, therefore I know I can get a high grade. I don't want to waste two years on it when I could just do it in one and take an extra AS next year I can't see myself getting a low grade tbh, I'm just curious as to what would happen if I did.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.