Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am just about to order (yes I know I am late...) to my academic dress. I am a undergrad fresher. Ordering with Ede and Ravenscroft, I certainly must order the Academic dress package for men, which consists of the Commoner's gown, mortarboard and bow tie. It says in the description provided by Ede&Rav. that in addition to that an undergraduate has to wear sub-fusc clothing, which strangely is not included in the academic dress package for men.
    So do I also have to order sub-fusc or not?
    Please tell me what to order so I won't have any problems with matriculation etc.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio_Science)
    Hi,

I am just about to order (yes I know I am late...) to my academic dress. I am a undergrad fresher. Ordering with Ede and Ravenscroft, I certainly must order the Academic dress package for men, which consists of the Commoner's gown, mortarboard and bow tie. It says in the description provided by Ede&Rav. that in addition to that an undergraduate has to wear sub-fusc clothing, which strangely is not included in the academic dress package for men.
    So do I also have to order sub-fusc or not?
    Please tell me what to order so I won't have any problems with matriculation etc.
    Thanks!
    Sub fusc is any dark suit, dark trousers, white shirt, white bow tie. Plus gown. It's likely you already have these, if not they're useful to have in the wardrobe anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huw Davies)
    Sub fusc is any dark suit, dark trousers, white shirt, white bow tie. Plus gown. It's likely you already have these, if not they're useful to have in the wardrobe anyway.
    Well, of course I have a dark suit, everybody does. It's just an ordinary one. So all I need to order is the academic dress package- the commoner's gown, mortarboard and bow tie?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio_Science)
    Well, of course I have a dark suit, everybody does. It's just an ordinary one. So all I need to order is the academic dress package- the commoner's gown, mortarboard and bow tie?
    Thanks.
    Yes.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.