Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Theres this guy in Sainsbury's... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    -_-
    Just ask him how he is etc?! Then once you build up conversation after a few more shopping trips to Sainsbury's and then see where it goes from there?! x

ReputationRep:
    Ah. I have a tesco's-till-guy crush, which means i have mildly higher standards than you.
    So far we've got to; "Yeah, my id pictures ugly" "Thats the best part about my job. Glad to see you're looking better now" "Can i have a club card?"
    Score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beci.please)
    Ah. I have a tesco's-till-guy crush, which means i have mildly higher standards than you.
    So far we've got to; "Yeah, my id pictures ugly" "Thats the best part about my job. Glad to see you're looking better now" "Can i have a club card?"
    Score?
    sainsbury's > tescos when it comes to standards

ReputationRep:
    Is This Sainsbury In Filton?

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
    Is This Sainsbury In Filton?
    Ha, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullet_theory92)
    you could ask him if he can show you where something is and that can get you started on a conversation and youll have him for a couple of minutes
    checkout people cant just leave the tills to walk customers about. you have to ask shop floor workers etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Checkout worker in Sainsbury's

(Original post by mark.266)
    checkout people cant just leave the tills to walk customers about. you have to ask shop floor workers etc
    I thought exactly this tbhh =\

ReputationRep:
    I thought exactly this tbhh =\
    Yeah we're not allowed to leave the tills.
    Just have a chat about anything, we're a friendly bunch really :p: Ask him what he's up to tomorrow or whatever and see where it goes from there.

(Original post by Schumacher)
    Yeah we're not allowed to leave the tills.
    Just have a chat about anything, we're a friendly bunch really :p: Ask him what he's up to tomorrow or whatever and see where it goes from there.

Hm. I dunno. I'm a really shy person ahaha. Everything makes me feel uncomfortable/nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Hm. I dunno. I'm a really shy person ahaha. Everything makes me feel uncomfortable/nervous!
    I'm the same. Believe me it's nice to have somebody come up and talk to you as so many just treat you as if you're not even there. It's the simple conversations that you remember when you're working the tills so go for it.

I guess I just don't wanna make a fool out of myself and then die inside everytime I go back in there and see him, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Write your number on a piece of paper and give it to him next time?

ReputationRep:
    You're a girl? Therefore, unless you're super ugly, he will at least be receptive to your conversation. Just smile!

(Original post by Highace)
    You're a girl? Therefore, unless you're super ugly, he will at least be receptive to your conversation. Just smile!
    Yes i'm a girl. I don't think i'm at all attractive but people tell me i am. Maybe they're just being nice haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i'm a girl. I don't think i'm at all attractive but people tell me i am. Maybe they're just being nice haha.
    I bet you're not as bad as you think! Attractiveness is played up a lot by guys. Sure, they'd love a model girlfriend, or they'll be checking out a stunner they see across the bar, but really if you're interested in him and are driven and charismatic (not boring!) then you've got a pretty good chance anyway. Guys like being liked and approached, it doesn't happen often.

ReputationRep:
    Its me, Yes i would love to bang you some time, I'm working tomorrow from 9 to 5, have a break at 1 for an hour, so maybe we could go and **** in a toilet somehwere?

(Original post by Highace)
    I bet you're not as bad as you think! Attractiveness is played up a lot by guys. Sure, they'd love a model girlfriend, or they'll be checking out a stunner they see across the bar, but really if you're interested in him and are driven and charismatic (not boring!) then you've got a pretty good chance anyway. Guys like being liked and approached, it doesn't happen often.

Hmm. I just feel silly keep going to his checkout hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.jen.x.)
    there's a boy who works in sainsbury's, who is very inspirational, he is very inspirational, because of many things. i come in at 8.11, and he smiles and says "how are you?", when he smiles and says "how are you?" i could swear my heart grows wings.

i think that you should decide to meet him in a proper formal way, get your nerve up and recite him a poem musical. he would like the fact it's musical, especially if he plays guitar.
    I'm sorry, but what? lol ><; There's no way OP could possibly tell whether or not he plays the guitar and she wouldn't know if he would appreciate that! x.x

It's really nice what you said about your Sainsbury's Guy though. My friend and I used to have a crush on this guy who worked at Sainsbury's. We called him Sainsbury's Guy for a whole year because we never knew his name lol... Anyway, one day my friend just went up to him when his shift was over and asked him what his name was. Then she was like, oh, cool. And that was that lol.

Just get enough courage to ask his name if you don't know it, then you can strike conversation, or just go straight in and ask him whatever lol. You'll never know if you never ask If you do know his name, well, just say hi to him one day and build up friendship gradually?

Just smile when you say something to him. He'll be flattered. And he won't think you're stupid.

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, my friend at work used to fancy a guy that worked in our local JD Sports when she was 15. She went in there quite a lot and even ended up buying some stuff she didnt want and then returning it so she could speak to him... One day she went in with her friend and her friend got annoyed with them just smiling at eachother over the counter so she got a piece of paper wrote down her mates number and gave it to him... That was 6 years ago and they have been together since then!! <3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.