Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I want to write my 'will' and I'm 23 yo. Is this possible?

I plan to put one of my parent's name when i die. This is somewhat related to relationship and health I guess.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can

ReputationRep:
    why would you want to

ReputationRep:
    yeah,why would u want put?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can. I have no idea how though.

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's 18 for both the US and UK so yes you could. But then if you just wanted that info I suspect you would have googled it instead of making a post here so I think what you really wanted was for people to ask why you want to write one in the first place. So assuming I'm correct how about we just skip to the real reason you're here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2Av)
    Hi guys, I want to write my 'will' and I'm 23 yo. Is this possible?

I plan to put one of my parent's name when i die. This is somewhat related to relationship and health I guess.

Thanks
    Yes you can.
    Since it is a legal document you have to do it through a lawyer.

Btw why is this in H&R?

ReputationRep:
    Yup. And it doesn't have to go through a lawyer, as long as you have an independant witness sign it. I have even heard unsigned wills are acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    You can get a "make-your-own-will" pack from WH Smith for like £15. Bought my dad it as a joke once, he didn't take it too well lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovingOn)
    Yup. And it doesn't have to go through a lawyer, as long as you have an independant witness sign it. I have even heard unsigned wills are acceptable.
    Oh right, I thought that because it was a legal document it had to.

I stand corrected.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its_Miller_Time)
    Yes you can.
    Since it is a legal document you have to do it through a lawyer.

Btw why is this in H&R?
    I thought it would be relevant to health and relationship topic. As it does involve my health and the relationship in the equation.

(Original post by Logi)
    I believe it's 18 for both the US and UK so yes you could. But then if you just wanted that info I suspect you would have googled it instead of making a post here so I think what you really wanted was for people to ask why you want to write one in the first place. So assuming I'm correct how about we just skip to the real reason you're here?
    Thanks! I was walking around the city and was talking to a friend of mine who lives in the UK, currently at her place for the night. From the conversation we were having, out of impulse, I thought it was a good idea to put my will to my parents. Of course, its not something we should be thinking about but when is the best time? I did not tell her this as its my personal choice and no one else.

Coincidentally I was on this forum, so thought I'd quickly ask as I was about to depart.

Thank you everyone for the replies

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.