Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do they piss you off as much as they do me?

I've had a few lectures so far, and already it is really pissing me off.
    I was in a lecture this morning when people were turning up like 20 minutes late. Some lassie said to me "can I get in" (meaning to a seat, I was on the end), I thought no you bloody well can't, you turn up late, make a racket, and then ask me to move, all because you can't be bothered to get your arse in on time. But I moved for her.

This mornings lecture wasn't exactly important, just an introduction but that's not the point. What if it had of been and I had been distracted because some muppet couldn't get in on time? I understand that sometimes it can't be helped that people arrive late but still, it irritates me.

It's ridiculous that some people turn up 20 to 30 minutes late. IMO people should only be allowed in late 5 minutes after the start time. After that, tough luck.

Anybody else with me on this?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'm one of the irritating people who turn up 10 minutes late to every lecture. Sorry. :o:

ReputationRep:
    If they don't disturb the class and you can barely notice them then it is not a big deal.However when they come in with a bang it kills me.
    I also hate people who ask stupid questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by βored)
    Nope, I'm one of the irritating people who turn up 10 minutes late to every lecture. Sorry. :o:
    Why do ********* like you do that ? I mean what is your problem ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's annoying but I don't think someone distracting you for 30 seconds, is gonna make a massive difference. You never know, in next lecture it could be you coming in late. Chill out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Do they piss you off as much as they do me?

I've had a few lectures so far, and already it is really pissing me off.
    I was in a lecture this morning when people were turning up like 20 minutes late. Some lassie said to me "can I get in" (meaning to a seat, I was on the end), I thought no you bloody well can't, you turn up late, make a racket, and then ask me to move, all because you can't be bothered to get your arse in on time. But I moved for her.
    Well maybe if you turned up earlier then you could have bagged yourself a seat in the middle.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people turn up late to lectures i'm in, and it is quite annoying when the lecturer is talking. Also i agree with the questions reply, i know you should ask something if you are unsure, but i have heard questions asked that have nothing to do with anything at all

ReputationRep:
    I turned up late to my first lecture of third year yesterday because the bus was late and delayed (I'm cycling from now on hah.) Our lecture theatres tend to be only half-full though, so I just took the first seat I saw. It is pretty annoying when someone makes you move up though

ReputationRep:
    oh get over yourself. if you hadn't left spaces when you sat down then there wouldn't be a space that they'd have to push past for.

and if you cant handle a 30 second disruption to a lecture. you have no hope at university let alone life

ReputationRep:
    If you're late to a lecture, so you have to come banging in whilst the lecturer is talking and everyone stares at you until you find a seat on the end of a row, you're a douche.

I'd be far to embarrassed to do that...the couple of times I was late for a lecture I just went home and watched telly instead.

ReputationRep:
    Yep they are annoying, but when you are late it is a little embarrassing the first few times when people are watching you and especially if the lecturer stops to let you sit down.

What I find more annoying is people talking/sleeping during lectures. Why turn up at all, at least the latecomer gives a damn?

ReputationRep:
    deffinatly, today i had a two hour leacture and its stupid when half way through people turn up!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green And Blue)
    Why do ********* like you do that ? I mean what is your problem ?
    I don't do it on purpose! I find getting up in the morning difficult. :getmecoat:

I try not to disturb people though, I come in quietly and sit at the back (the door is at the back) so people don't generally even notice me coming in late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    Well maybe if you turned up earlier then you could have bagged yourself a seat in the middle.
    I didn't want a seat in the middle. I chose to sit on the end, I don't like being boxed in..............

Regardless of where I sit, people coming in, and banging down the stairs and rustling around in their bag for paper and what not is distracting. There was someone who turned up late who disrupted an entire row just to sit down. That's just ridiculous, people should turn up on time, to avoid disruption, not to mention it's plain disrespectful to a lecturer.

It's fine when someone comes in, and quietly parks their backside somewhere without making a load of noise. But making lots of people move is another thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    oh get over yourself. if you hadn't left spaces when you sat down then there wouldn't be a space that they'd have to push past for.

and if you cant handle a 30 second disruption to a lecture. you have no hope at university let alone life
    Um why should I sit somewhere i'm not comfortable with just so people who can't get their arse in on time can sit down? If they turned up on time, they wouldn't have trouble getting to a seat.

I wouldn't mind as much if people actually have some ******* manners. But nobody seems to say please :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    wow stuck up much? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by βored)
    And whats your excuse for doing that?

ReputationRep:
    At my uni if you were late you wouldnt be allowed in as the lecturer used to lock the door!!.Which meant that you would have to miss the lecture, or catch up on the universities website.

ReputationRep:
    I found it annoying when they were very late - because if I were ever really late to a lecture I would be too ashamed to go in.

HOWEVER, my timetable used to be such that I had a class towards the centre of town that finished just before my lecture right at the end of town, and it would take me about fifteen minutes to rush up there, sweating and carrying all my stuff. I'd leave the first class early but I would still always be late to the lecture, no matter how much I rushed. So you have to realise that some people are late for a reason that isn't just laziness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    And whats your excuse for doing that?
    Like I said before...

(Original post by βored)
    I don't do it on purpose! I find getting up in the morning difficult. :getmecoat:

I try not to disturb people though, I come in quietly and sit at the back (the door is at the back) so people don't generally even notice me coming in late.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.