Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No. It really doesn't bother me. It doesn't happen so much in 2nd year but in 1st year it did. I quite liked it because of the informality of wandering in/out of lectures - it was a nice contrast to school/college.

ReputationRep:
    If i was at uni i would be one of those people, i'm late for everything :lol:

Always make sure i'm quiet coming in/ don't cause any disruption though, probly cos i've had so much practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    It's a long story, but I don't think so.

Well as long as you can relatively manage it and it doesn't impact on your studies then fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always 10 minutes late for one of my lectures because I have another lecture the hour before at the other side of campus. I find it really annoying myself but there's nothing I can do about it :o:

ReputationRep:
    They're paying good money to go to those lecture's like you are, stop bloody acting like you own the freaking place. Sit somewhere else if the late comers bother you that much, it's called 'getting on with life'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Anybody else with me on this?
    nope
    bloody annoying, but people are people...so no

ReputationRep:
    Do they piss you off as much as they do me?

I've had a few lectures so far, and already it is really pissing me off.
    I was in a lecture this morning when people were turning up like 20 minutes late. Some lassie said to me "can I get in" (meaning to a seat, I was on the end), I thought no you bloody well can't, you turn up late, make a racket, and then ask me to move, all because you can't be bothered to get your arse in on time. But I moved for her.

This mornings lecture wasn't exactly important, just an introduction but that's not the point. What if it had of been and I had been distracted because some muppet couldn't get in on time? I understand that sometimes it can't be helped that people arrive late but still, it irritates me.

It's ridiculous that some people turn up 20 to 30 minutes late. IMO people should only be allowed in late 5 minutes after the start time. After that, tough luck.

Well lets just hope you are never late for whatever reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt2k8)
    Why didn't you got to a proper uni then?
    Nice try.

Forget it folks, i'm over it now. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Um why should I sit somewhere i'm not comfortable with just so people who can't get their arse in on time can sit down? If they turned up on time, they wouldn't have trouble getting to a seat.
    oh I know what you mean.

I hate sitting in the middle with a passion- thought it was only me:cool:

ReputationRep:
    We have one couple that tend to stroll in 5-10 minutes late on purpose :mad2: They've been known to start snogging mid-lecture on several occasions. Seem to get their kicks from it

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    I have objections to these people who sit at the end of the row when there are seats available in the middle of the row. Just fill up the whole damned row from the middle and stop complaining about people moving past you in a busy lecture theatre when they're late. Do you know why they're late? No, you've just presumed that they have chosen to come in late. You've only caused yourself more hassle by not filling up the theatre from the middle.
    I can't really be bothered to argue with you, but I never assumed that everyone was there because of laziness. And I have already explained why I sit there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    They're paying good money to go to those lecture's like you are, stop bloody acting like you own the freaking place. Sit somewhere else if the late comers bother you that much, it's called 'getting on with life'.
    Well if they are paying good money to go to the place, then maybe they should bother their backsides to turn up on time, can't value it that much if they are continuously late (I have recognised the same people doing it), (and this is aimed at lazy people) I have already said that I am aware sometimes it cannot be helped. And I have already said that I don't mind moving so much, when they say please and thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)
    Well lets just hope you are never late for whatever reason.
    Of course i'm going to be late at some point. I'm not perfect. But I wouldn't cause a damn racket when going in, i've already said, if there was no end seats, or if I would cause a disruption, I would just sit on the top step.

ReputationRep:
    People need to learn time-keeping skills.
    People also need to learn to chill out, if they miss lectures just let them. Its not your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    We have one couple that tend to stroll in 5-10 minutes late on purpose :mad2: They've been known to start snogging mid-lecture on several occasions. Seem to get their kicks from it

:holmes:
    Beautiful :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Do they piss you off as much as they do me?

I've had a few lectures so far, and already it is really pissing me off.
    I was in a lecture this morning when people were turning up like 20 minutes late. Some lassie said to me "can I get in" (meaning to a seat, I was on the end), I thought no you bloody well catn', you turn up late, make a racket, and then ask me to move, all because you can't be bothered to get your arse in on time. But I moved for her.

This mornings lecture wasn't exactly important, just an introduction but that's not the point. What if it had of been and I had been distracted because some muppet couldn't get in on time? I understand that sometimes it can't be helped that people arrive late but still, it irritates me.

It's ridiculous that some people turn up 20 to 30 minutes late. IMO people should only be allowed in late 5 minutes after the start time. After that, tough luck.

:rolleyes: , you people on tsr really are a bunch of pussys.

ReputationRep:
    It's only like the first week of lectures. Calm down. It does irritate me slightly, but there are plenty of reasons why you might be late in the first week - not knowing your way around, timetable clashes etc etc. People who are serially late because they are ditzy will irritate me, but it's too early for that.

ReputationRep:
    I've been late for almost all my lectures due to poor timekeeping, and a wildly varying public transport.
    I run to get to lectures and hope to sneak in quietly but theres always someone sitting on the end of emptry rows so of course the whole stealthy entrance thing is ruined.
    No bother tho. They get up and let me in and the whole situation is over in 2 seconds.
    Dont overreact to something so incredibly simple

ReputationRep:
    goddamn it's not the end of the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humidex7)
    goddamn it's not the end of the world
    I don't remember claiming it was.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.