Turn on thread page Beta

People turning up late to lectures..... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sponge man)
    :rolleyes: , you people on tsr really are a bunch of pussys.
    Your on TSR :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Come on folks, chill out man! I didn't want things to turn into an argument, that requires too much effort :yep:

I was pissed this morning, but i'm chilled out now.....with my lovely bag of doritos :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Your on TSR :confused:
    OK THEN, most of tsr.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Im not at uni but it would annoy me a bit if people turned up late, without a valid excuse disrupting everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    My lecturer gives out OTT punishments to those who are late. No-one is ever late now.
    Like what? And how are they enforceable.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's ridiculous how a lot of people in this thread have been blaming Cookie when she has already said she has anxiety problems.

Having said that, some people also have a point when they say it can't be helped sometimes. Some lectures/seminars give people no time to get to the next, so they're late. Some people may have been to the doctors, etc.

Come on folks, chill out man! I didn't want things to turn into an argument, that requires too much effort :yep:

I was pissed this morning, but i'm chilled out now.....with my lovely bag of doritos :sexface:
    You're chilled out now, you've got being pissed off out of the way, the best thing to do is remember tomorrow is another blank page. Don't let it frustrate as you need to understand other people can't help being late at times, so just bear with it and enjoy your uni experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    How are they going to learn for their jobs?
    It comes with time.. Hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    LOL, I know people that have come an hour and 15 minutes late and are refused entry.
    There should be a 15 minute cut off unless its an emergency.

ReputationRep:
    I hate late commers. They shouldn't even bother comming to the lecture if they can't get there on time. If someone asks me to make way for them when they're late, I whisper at them to **** off!

ReputationRep:
    Jesus ******* christ. Not wanting to be rude, but can you read? I've already explained around 4 times why I sit on the end.

Your right, of course, i'm such a selfish person. All because I decide to sit on the end of a row TO AVOID BEING ANXIOUS AND HAVING PANIC ATTACKS.

Your right, I must be selfish, for wanting people to use their damn manners when they ask if they can get past. How disrespectful of me. The people that continuously turn up late and disrupt others and refuse to say please or thank you, are the selfish ones.
    Yes, and you made a thread complaining and blaming everyone else for your list of fked up mental illnesses. You need to be in a mental hospital if you get a panic attack just from sitting in a lecture theatre.

ReputationRep:
    I find actually turning up at all to be more reprehensible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    If they don't disturb the class and you can barely notice them then it is not a big deal.However when they come in with a bang it kills me.
    I also hate people who ask stupid questions.
    This.

If it's noisy and the lecturer has to stop... it prolongs the lecture. If someone asks a stupid question... it prolongs the lecture. Dear god... why do you insist on prolonging lectures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Yes, and you made a thread complaining and blaming everyone else for your list of fked up mental illnesses. You need to be in a mental hospital if you get a panic attack just from sitting in a lecture theatre.
    Oh shut up. I don't remember saying they cause this and they cause that. I complained about latecomers disrupting people, many of them. And then people started whinging about me sitting on the side, I merely explained why I do that. ******* hell. I thought I made that perfectly clear. Now piss off.

ReputationRep:
    This has been happening to ome to during lectures and it has been pissing me off that people come late and make a racket aswell as talk/catch uo with their mates whilst th lecturer is talking..well annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    If they don't disturb the class and you can barely notice them then it is not a big deal.However when they come in with a bang it kills me.
    I also hate people who ask stupid questions.
    I know what you mean, today someone asked whether microbes were more dangerous to babies or adults, i was like mate seriously?

ReputationRep:

Your right, of course, i'm such a selfish person. All because I decide to sit on the end of a row TO AVOID BEING ANXIOUS AND HAVING PANIC ATTACKS.
    :rofl: OH NO not the middle!!!!!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Chill the **** out tbf OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    Chill the **** out tbf OP.
    I have already said that i'm quite chilled out :rolleyes:

(Original post by maljebo)
    :rofl: OH NO not the middle!!!!!! :rofl:
    Hilarious. How immature.

ReputationRep:
    Well everyone knows that if you re late for a lecture you HAVE to announce it

Open the door, make it creek or open it quickly, as soon as you enter scan the entire theatre looking upwards from the bottom row then look back at the lecturer, say "Hey" in a sort of confident yet defeated voice out loud and look at people at the back of the lecture hall then rub the back of your head and whistle.... go to your seat, sit down, sorted

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.