Turn on thread page Beta

what do guys think of girls who poledance, massage or bellydance ? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    Where abouts are you in the country? Im sure there is somewhere near you! I like the way my jive lessons are set out as well... Soooo much better than my salsa classes!!!
    I'm living in Durham atm, there doesn't look like there's a venue here unsurprisingly. The nearest seems to be in Newcastle so I might try there. One of the dance societies might teach it but the ones i checked out last year weren't very organised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    To be honest, the fact that you say "geezahs" means you probably won't ever have to worry about this anyway.
    looool. i have to agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdWishes)
    Apart for the fact that they are selling their bodies and exploiting themselves?

Nothing.
    Nothing really wrong with that though, it's just a different way of life to yours.

ReputationRep:
    I belly dance and have been trained in Balinese massages. Does that make me a whore then? Even if I don't go around belly dancing for guys or massaging every convenient body nearby? And, just to add to that: I'd love to learn how to pole dance.

ReputationRep:
    If its a hot chick, than hot hot hot

If its a butterz chick, than gtfo out of my face

ReputationRep:
    I can see how a guy may be uncomfortable with a girlfriend whose a stripper, but bellydancing or being a masseuse? Those aren't sex things.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd have a problem with any of these. The dancing ones are non-contact, and the massaging, if done at a professional establishment, is nothing but a respectable service.

ReputationRep:
    yea i reckon theyre nerds

ReputationRep:
    I do massages as a hobby, I've never had any professional training or have qualifications and my bf loves the fact I can do them.

Belly dancing is an art, theres nothing slutty about them. Hell even what they wear doesnt look that bad. Some of them look really pretty.

I have a friend that pole dances but she doesnt completely strip off! Pole dancing is seen as slutty cause of the places where you get full nudity and dancer-customer contact. Not all places are like that
    My bf is a cool guy, but he has said he would get jealous if I became a pole dancer but wouldnt stop me cause its my choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    I belly dance and have been trained in Balinese massages. Does that make me a whore then? Even if I don't go around belly dancing for guys or massaging every convenient body nearby? And, just to add to that: I'd love to learn how to pole dance.
    learning to pole dance is great apprently (my mother learnt how to do it) you get really fit, it limbers you up and you can make a load of friends

ReputationRep:
    been pole dancing for the last 2 years. =) great fun. and of course no nudity is involved. it takes strength and flexibility to do the moves! after 2 years of pole dancing (with minimal gym training) i am able to do 6 - 10 pullups comfortably =) haha

ReputationRep:
    Ive been doing pole fitness for a year now and absolutely love it... amazing way to get fit because it really is so hard! But very very fun!

ReputationRep:
    will it make me more or less horny, and would i need to war a thong back leotard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    will it make me more or less horny, and would i need to war a thong back leotard
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    omg! where did you learn that??!! pm me if you dont want to say

ReputationRep:
    omg! where did you learn that??!! pm me if you dont want to say
    Actually I learnt it in Bali itself. We used to go holidaying there every year and it was a great method for getting us out from under my parents' noses and not having to deal with us. Prrft. I fully appreciate the skills now though - as do all my friends.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I learnt it in Bali itself. We used to go holidaying there every year and it was a great method for getting us out from under my parents' noses and not having to deal with us. Prrft. I fully appreciate the skills now though - as do all my friends.
    no way dude that is totally rad and awesomm!!

out of interest did bali look like in the film eat pray love

ReputationRep:
    no way dude that is totally rad and awesomm!!

out of interest did bali look like in the film eat pray love
    You know how you'll see a place in a movie and it'll look amazing but be really **** and dirty and a total let-down in real life? Yeah, Bali doesn't do that. Nor does certain places in Thailand.

I get so jealous of all the food Julia eats in that movie. Mmm..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.