The Student Room Group
What travelcard is this?

The Young Person's Railcard can be used before 10am but there is a £15 minimum price. So if you were going, say, from London to Bristol, you'd still save lots of money.
http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/what-do-you-get/features

I don't know anything about the Network Railcard however.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
The minimum's £12, not £15.

How have you bought tickets for next week already? You can't get railcard discounts on season tickets - did you buy advance tickets? If you did and you're booked onto a train before 10am then it'll be fine, as the no discount/minimum fare rule will have been factored in.
Reply 3
Yeah, I bought them off trainline.com, they are only from liverpool to manchester, and came to £3.65. I don't understand the minimum fare thing...
Reply 4
^^ What he said, it's a minimum charge. Unfortunately conductors are pretty sharp when it comes to spotting it, and ticket barriers don't let you through before 10! If you arrive after 10 its fine though no matter what time you set off.
Reply 5
ahh gutted. it leaves at 6.16 and gets there at 7. Does this mean I have no chance of using them?! Argh scumbags!
amelia1990
ahh gutted. it leaves at 6.16 and gets there at 7. Does this mean I have no chance of using them?! Argh scumbags!

It means exactly that.
Should have read the T&Cs.
Reply 7
hypocriticaljap
It means exactly that.
Should have read the T&Cs.

Alright, chill out love.

Latest