Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just been going through my Hall Booklet (Mackinder) and it says you can't dry clothes in your room and there are Tumble Dryers available.

Literally all my clothes say don't tumble dry (standard little Topman T-Shirts etc). Obviously at home I don't have a problem, I have a washing line. But how are we supposed to dry our non tumble dry clothes when we get to Reading?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same problem here. I've spoken to people who have been to uni and they just threw all their stuff in the tumble dryer on low heat. I'll just give that a try and hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    Halls also tell you not to put up posters on the walls or put fairy lights up... there's a whole myriad list of non-sensical rules that you have to follow.

Like most of them... you'll probably find that most students will blatantly ignore the rule and dry clothes over their radiators ;-) I certainly did... tumble dryers cost money!

ReputationRep:
    i'd be shocked if that rule was enforced. in bridges we had the same rule, but it was wholeheartedly ignored. just dont leave clothes everywhere when you know you have an inspection.

ReputationRep:
    Are we allowed a clothes airer in the kitchen? That'd be the best solution cos you can fit way more clothes on there than on the radiator.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to shove loads on the radiator. I just hope my mini-fridge doesn't get clocked by the St Georges inspectors ;D

ReputationRep:
    just one of the rules which are okay to break!
    i'll definitely be drying most of my stuff in my room. no way am i gonna tumble dry all my clothes, 1 cause most of them can't be, and 2, money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varciani)
    I'm just going to shove loads on the radiator. I just hope my mini-fridge doesn't get clocked by the St Georges inspectors ;D
    I'm thinking of getting a mini-fridge aswell, however, I've heard they can be fairly noisy - ill probably hide it under the desk or something. Which mini-fridge do you have, and would you recc'd it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sl1k91)
    I'm thinking of getting a mini-fridge aswell, however, I've heard they can be fairly noisy - ill probably hide it under the desk or something. Which mini-fridge do you have, and would you recc'd it?
    I haven't got one yet, I'm going to raid Tesco for their TV's and mini-fridges sometime soonish. I'm not going to keep it on all the time though I think because I've heard some of them are prone to overheating on heavy useage

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just use a clothes rack instead of the radiator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pip_1988)
    Can't you just use a clothes rack instead of the radiator?
    You'll make a fine university student

Yes - you can :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Gilchrist)
    You'll make a fine university student

Yes - you can :yes:
    Just thought i would add a little common sense into the mix :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.