Turn on thread page Beta

I'm so lonely watch

Announcements

I didn't get the grades i needed to get into my uni so i'm taking a gap year and reapplying for next year for a course that i did get the grades for.

The thing is, i'm not getting a job anywhere, ALL my friends are now at uni in other cities and they're partying away and i feel like i've lost all my friends. I have nothing to do and nobody. I'm still in love with my ex but he has a girlfriend and has truly moved on and is really into her. I feel like. I can't even describe it. I wake up in the morning and i feel as if i have nobody and no goal in life. I hate this feeling and i'm putting on weight from sitting around all day doing nothing. I think i'm going into depression. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I just saw your thread and I felt like I had to say something because I hate the thought of someone feeling really down and depressed when they needn't be.

I took a gap year before my university studies too and I totally know how you probably feel right now. Everyone left, made new friends and was enjoying themselves at uni and they forgot about me. It was really tough but I got a job, made some money and just tried to grin and bear it. I had to do some really rubbishy jobs and met some less than friendly people in the process but it was something that I needed to do. I got out there and did something for myself and experienced the real world. And that's what you've got to do. Just turn it into a positive experience.

I went to uni the year later and you know what? I made so many new and even better friends than the ones who had forgotten me the year before. I met people that have changed my life and I will never lose contact with. You'll find that uni will be so much fun and you'll have such a good time that you won't even remember what it feels like to feel like you do now. I promise.

I guess you must have been told this by a million people and i know it won't feel like it right now but the year will fly by and you'll learn so much about yourself, other people and the world (lol, that sounds cheesy!) but you have to get out there and grab every opportunity that you can and turn this into something good.

Do you have any money at all? Perhaps a short break somewhere might do you good? Maybe you just need to get away from it all and have a think about what you want the next year to be about and what you want to get from it?

I hope that helps a little bit. If I can help any more just ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alc88)
    Hey,

I just saw your thread and I felt like I had to say something because I hate the thought of someone feeling really down and depressed when they needn't be.

I took a gap year before my university studies too and I totally know how you probably feel right now. Everyone left, made new friends and was enjoying themselves at uni and they forgot about me. It was really tough but I got a job, made some money and just tried to grin and bear it. I had to do some really rubbishy jobs and met some less than friendly people in the process but it was something that I needed to do. I got out there and did something for myself and experienced the real world. And that's what you've got to do. Just turn it into a positive experience.

I went to uni the year later and you know what? I made so many new and even better friends than the ones who had forgotten me the year before. I met people that have changed my life and I will never lose contact with. You'll find that uni will be so much fun and you'll have such a good time that you won't even remember what it feels like to feel like you do now. I promise.

I guess you must have been told this by a million people and i know it won't feel like it right now but the year will fly by and you'll learn so much about yourself, other people and the world (lol, that sounds cheesy!) but you have to get out there and grab every opportunity that you can and turn this into something good.

Do you have any money at all? Perhaps a short break somewhere might do you good? Maybe you just need to get away from it all and have a think about what you want the next year to be about and what you want to get from it?

I hope that helps a little bit. If I can help any more just ask

Aww! I like this! This made me feel better. I'm on a gap year too but i'm living away from home with students, so it's alright...though they have a lot of work on already and i've nothing to do!

ReputationRep:
    Ronery.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.