Girls, what's the difference between your best male friend and boyfriend? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    I have sex with my boyfriend..?
    i made it better hehe

ReputationRep:
    Nothing...
    My best male friend happens to be my ex :/

Male friend and boyfriend however are very different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    DO you care to express those? :p:
    I don't think I'd need to elaborate on that :P!

ReputationRep:
    For me, I sometimes think that male friendships could be confusing, especially if they're your best friend. I've had that trouble in the past, because tbh, your boyfriend is both your best friend and lover. The only difference is the "spark" imo.

ReputationRep:
    One is gorgeous.

ReputationRep:
    One of them's gay :P

But more seriously, probably me and the friend are more alike? Whereas the boyfriend we aren't so alike as people. A quick example is my and my friend are both stubborn, I think if my boyfriend was too we'd clash too much but it's ok with a friendship.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is disappointing.

Especially with responses like 'I HAVE SEX WITH MY BOYFRIEND LOL'

Basically the OP is asking what distinguished your boyfriend from your best male friend (who obviously you must like in some way if you're friends with him). Surely that means traits and not actions which are taken as given.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and to answer a reverse of the question, my girlfriend got there first :P I know loads of girls who are girlfriend material and attractive but she realised I'd make an awesome boyfriend / I find her very attractive and a lot of fun and we're both really happy

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is female and there's no spark. I don't want to have sex with her, nor do I wish to kiss her, etc. She's a very good looking girl, but I'm not attracted to her and never have been. We get on really well, we understand each other, we chat and share our problems with each other. We are very close and hug and see each other a lot and it's all just very platonic.

My girlfriends are people I'm attracted to and that I find interesting and really want to be around and kiss and have sex with and all the rest. It can get a bit troublesome whenever they start asking why I share more with my best friend than I do with them, but that kind of question pops up whether the friend is male or female, so.

ReputationRep:
    My best male friend is not attractive to me, not someone I would fancy, not someone I love like that. Although I recently found out he fancies me which has made the whole situation awkward and don't know where to go from there with our friendship. Actually I feel grossed out at the thought of having sex with him because he's too much like a brother to me. So it'd feel like incest.

My boyfriend is someone I want to marry and have kids with, someone I have deep feelings for, in love with him, we have all the best friend stuff and more because the feeling is mutual.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is the one man in my life that I love with all my heart. There's loving someone as a friend, and there's loving him. He is the one person that I share everything with and the person that knows every part of me; the good, the bad and the ugly and accepts me as a whole no matter what. I take him for who he is and love him unequivocally. He's the one man in my life that I would drop everything for to be by his side. I love him so much it hurts sometimes. There's no other way to describe him but this; he is my soulmate. The one person in my life that completes me. No one else is capable of rivalling that.

My male friends are totally different. They are people I connect with on a platonic level, that share my interests and people I can have fun with and enjoy spending time with. They're just friends, like my female friends. I don't have any romantic feelings for them at all, they're just a bunch of great people that I enjoy being around. Does adding male to the front of friend really change who they are and why we like them? I think not. They're just friends who happen to be guys.

Anyway, there is a massive difference between a boyfriend and a male friend. Massive difference!

ReputationRep:
    The physical stuff

ReputationRep:
    I never knew men were only good for sex.

ReputationRep:
    He's gay.

I'm hoping that my boyfriend isn't...

ReputationRep:
    I think there is a definite difference between a boyfriend and a male friend. I'd say I have 2 real male friends. Sometimes, in my own experience, the closer I get to a male pal, the more confusing our relationship turns. Like for one of those guys I talk to him hours on end, and whenever I don't, I miss and yearn for him, not knowing this is still friendship, or should be considered as "boyfriend material"

ReputationRep:
    my best male friend is a really good laugh and i feel really comfortable around him.. but never would want to seek closeness to him or miss him when he's not there etc..
    if i'm ever upset a hug from my bf makes me feel so much better... i get this buzz feeling when i talk to him and find him verrry attractive
    i always look forward to being with him and he makes me really happy and i feel safe with him :lovie:

cheesy or what :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    i made it better hehe
    Lol whut?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by empop92)
    my best male friend is a really good laugh and i feel really comfortable around him.. but never would want to seek closeness to him or miss him when he's not there etc..
    if i'm ever upset a hug from my bf makes me feel so much better... i get this buzz feeling when i talk to him and find him verrry attractive
    i always look forward to being with him and he makes me really happy and i feel safe with him :lovie:

cheesy or what :o:
    That's not cheesy. I think it's really sweet you've found someone so compatible to you .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.