Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to put the thread so please forgive me if it's not.

I have started reading 'Nature via Nurture' written by Matt Ridley (I have just started the second chapter). It's the first time I'm reading this type of scientific book. It's odd as it just seems to be a compilation of many studies to try and put forward a theory. Are all books of this genre like this?

Also, due to the amount of studies he brings I am not sure what his theories are. Can you please guide me on this?

Many thanks,

JT80

ReputationRep:
    Firstly keep on going he's my favourite non-fiction author (and one of my favourites) i promise you'll get a better feeling of the book the more you read. More generally most scientific books are mostly looking at the studies of others and using them to put across their argument

(Original post by JTeighty)
    Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to put the thread so please forgive me if it's not.

I have started reading 'Nature via Nurture' written by Matt Ridley (I have just started the second chapter). It's the first time I'm reading this type of scientific book. It's odd as it just seems to be a compilation of many studies to try and put forward a theory. Are all books of this genre like this?

Also, due to the amount of studies he brings I am not sure what his theories are. Can you please guide me on this?

Many thanks,

JT80

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.