The Student Room Group

Why do girls take forever to txt back??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Magical Man
I'll still say you need to calm yourself down. Play X-Box or something, just don't wait for one girl to text you

Cheech23
WHEY, guess what I just got by being patient, twas all games afterall. Crisis over. seems all silly now. lol.

I got a AW :-) (beginning of text......)

well i now know it was all a bit of a game, either that or she was busy lol, well Im off to a footie match soon thatll chill me out a bit
She's too busy having sex with some other guy...
Cheech23

I told her my feelings, she said yes to a date, while this was going on, she was casually seeing this guy, in the middle of (me asking her out etc etc) decided to get together, then the mug decided to dump her after a month or so. Over the past couple of weeks we've been flirting.

Some people have lives outside of their mobile phones.
Cheech23
What would you say if someone texted you "i'm alright now i'm talking to you ;-P' i thought it was flirty, lighthearted, but looking back on it, does it connote needy.

Hmm... well I guess it does depend on who the text was from.. I mean, I would love it if it was my bf or some other guy I like, but maybe it wouldn't have the same effect if it was someone else. Still, I would take it lightly and think it was sweet of him to say that...and I wouldn't just completely blank a guy if he said that to me..that's just stupid. Has she replied yet??
Reply 65
She's too busy playing with her tits to talk to you. I'm sorry.
Reply 66
I do that when I am busy , but if I really like the person, everything else can wait :biggrin:
Reply 67
sweetascandy
Hmm... well I guess it does depend on who the text was from.. I mean, I would love it if it was my bf or some other guy I like, but maybe it wouldn't have the same effect if it was someone else. Still, I would take it lightly and think it was sweet of him to say that...and I wouldn't just completely blank a guy if he said that to me..that's just stupid. Has she replied yet??

yh she replied,

"AW :-)" then the text began....

So all is good and the panic is over, lol.
Thats being a bit sexist - lol. Well...
because we are either busy with something else or just cba to reply quickly to a particular person
Reply 70
I sometimes do that....i really can't explain it! I feel really bad but it feels like effort constructing what I want to say at times....maybe because im a teeensy bit perfectionist. Argh or maybe that's just an excuse for procrastination. I actually clicked on this thread to check that the OP wasn't my boyfriend, who I've just replied 5 hours late and who is probably justifiably mad at me now( no but I really was away from my phone this time :rolleyes:)
law 16: use absence to increase respect and honor.

seems like a classic example.
Cheech23
u see theres a catch 22 i dont want to text back asking y she hasnt textd back thats needy, so its tormenting me that she hasnt, lol

And y the lol at why i forgot kisses, I like to put kisses at the end of texts, n I was dissapointed i didn't put any in.

EDIT: Bullets, why the ****ish remark there??

I'm sorry i don't understand what your saying
Cheech23
yh she replied,

"AW :-)" then the text began....

So all is good and the panic is over, lol.

See...told you you had nothing to worry about! :-)
Reply 74
With most girls, they either look at their phone every second the day or like within hours of each time. It depends how bothered they are about who is texting. I have the opposite situation, my boyfriend takes ages to text me back, and when he texts me i always text back straight away, but to anybody not just him.
Reply 75
princessnavi22
she doesnt like you that much? your texts sound a bit needy..?

although i'm crap at texting back too.. i read them and then think ohhh i'll reply later.. then never do

:ditto: Thats the exact same as me.. I've often read a text and then got distracted/thought i'll reply later as I'm busy then either completely forgot to reply or reply hours/days later.
Reply 76
I'd like to know why too.

I mean, am not so desperate that am willin to just sit there and wait for a girl to text back, but at the same time theres girls i've just blocked from my phone because they take about 3 hours to send a text and can't be assed waiting for them cos it jus takes the piss.

We all get that yous may be doing something and cant get back, but it should only take 10 or 15 mins max to finish, and if not whats wrong with texting back sayin that you're busy and cant talk right now?

That's what I do when am busy.
Reply 77
I usually text a girl 1 message, and that's it, no response, no second text. I don't give a **** what's happening the other side of the phone. You go collecting a bunch of numbers, then go straight home, sorting out which girls you like most, then pay some attention to them.

Eventually, no one owns no one, don't bombard her with your texts. She doesn't own you, you don't own her anything.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 78
OP you have no text game.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending