Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Robbie Williams is crap, why is he so popular......? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    His music is crap and monotonous, its not even opinion, its fact.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, he's awful. I think the majority of his fanbase are either middle-aged housewives or pre-teen girls who know no better!

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't he at that concert for heroes or something recently and he was performing for like 1/4 of it and everyone was making a massive deal of his appearance...

ReputationRep:
    Most stuff in the charts 'is crap and monotonous'.

ReputationRep:
    Take that back, he's the greatest performing artist since MJ.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say he was "popular" at all. Once upon a time, maybe, but these days he has to rejoin his former boy band which he swore he would never do before. Seems pretty desperate to me. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    because most people are crap

ReputationRep:
    Horus Society? If you believe in that kinda stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I think he really got by solely because a lot of women thought he was good looking. I'm not really sure why, he has such a punchable face.

ReputationRep:
    Ex take that and 'angels'

ReputationRep:
    He has some good songs, Let me entertain you, Eternity, Millenium, She's the one and Angels. And i like rock music and can still appreciate those songs, maybe you just don't like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    I think he really got by solely because a lot of women thought he was good looking. I'm not really sure why, he has such a punchable face.

haha, yeh, he is a monkey face, I dont see how he's good looking.

ReputationRep:
    I sorta half and half with Robbie.

He's not the best singer although the power in his voice and passion he puts into his music is clearly evident and can't be disputed. You don't have all the success he has in both solo and group careers without being able to do something right.

I think it's his personality and controversy that makes him so popular. In a way he's everything Britain stands for and what some people can relate to!

ReputationRep:
    you could have made this thread and replaced the first two words with so many it's ridiculous

pretty much the entire top 40 has very little musical or artistical merit but it's so popular

your best bet is to just ignore their popularity and listen to what you enjoy rather than sperg about it

ReputationRep:
    He is more memorable as a wacky stage performer. As far as I was concerned, during Take That the talented ones were always Gary Barlow and Mark Owen. Robbie was mostly the wacky cheeky chappie.

Think about it like this, if Robbie were a famous footballer of the last decade or so, he would be Ronaldinho. Think of the parallels.

Rock DJ is one of the most unlistenable piles of ***** however.

Come off it, the man is a legend, yeah he is awful these days, but the Robbie of 7-10 years ago is just awesome, as was his music.
    Don't hate on the RW.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.