Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi... I'm looking to do Psychology at University
    I'm predicted BBB... what are the best Uni's for Psychology bearing in mind the entry requirements?
    I also only have a grade C in GCSE maths.
    Thanksssssssss !

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham Trent and Oxford Brookes are regarded as two of the best ex-poly universities if I remember correctly. I'm not too familiar with Psychology as I haven't done it myself, but if it's a standardised programme (such as the LLB in Law), then the course content will be pretty similar no matter where you go.

This may mean that if you excel in your first year you MAY (big may) be eligible to transfer to a 'higher class' university.

Hopefully this reply will be a change from the elitism that will no doubt conquer this thread...

ReputationRep:
    I got onto a Psychology programme with BBBB.
    It will be the C in GCSE maths rather than your A Levels that pulls you down. All of the places I applied asked for a B or above.

ReputationRep:
    You're going to find it hard to get into one of the 'better' universities with BBB. I know this because my friend was predicted BBB and wanted to do psychology at Leicester and she's been deferred a year because people with straight A's got onto her course and they hadn't even applied there.

Play it safe with a few unis so you have a back up.

ReputationRep:
    Id apply to maybe one ABB if youre feeling lucky, two BBBs, one BBC and a BCC to be safe just look at university websites to find their grade requirements. Bear in mind some unis ask for tarriff points not grades so BBB would be 300 points

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure as of the best but the BBB or lower requirements I can think of are Plymouth, Bath Spa, Gloucestershire, Nottingham Trent, Northampton, Hertfordshire, Bangor. There's bound to be loads if you do a quick search on UCAS, although I do think you'll need to be careful about their GCSE Mathematics requirements because most places ask for a B.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to achieve BBB to do psychology. I'm not sure how fussy they are about your maths, but I know there's a lot of stats content on the course so you have to be good at it, its probably best to email them. Below are some unis with their ratings for psychology, just to give you an idea.

Anglia Ruskin – Psych 240 points - rating 50
    Bath Spa – Psych 260/300 points – rating 53
    Brunel – 350 points from 3 a levels and an AS (typical BBB+b) – rating 55
    Huddersfield – 280 points – rating 26
    Lincoln – 280 points – rating 52
    Nottingham trent – 300 points – rating 25
    Plymouth – 300 points – rating 39
    Gloucestershire – 280 points – rating 57

I've been to trent which seems great, and going to plymouth at the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Bangor is supposed to be really good for psychology, and I think they want BBB.
    Also, Stirling (it's in Scotland) want CCC (possibly changing to BCC) or BBB (therefore ABB) for the second year.
    It's my back-up, and really nice there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.