Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a good few boxes of stuff, my tv and some other bits and i'm going out to buy a mini fridge on the day i arrive.

What about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    I have a good few boxes of stuff, my tv and some other bits and i'm going out to buy a mini fridge on the day i arrive.

What about everyone else?
    A lot of the items in this list:

http://scan.lusu.co.uk/carolynne/lif...ity-checklist/

I should probably start packing soon though.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of crap.

I honestly couldn't tell you exactly right now, as I've not packed, but a good few boxes and a couple of suitcases.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't packed yet but I'm guessing 2 suitcases and quite a few boxes/bags full of stuff that I will probably never need

ReputationRep:
    Uggggghhh!! I always end up bringing way too much junk and ending the year doubling whatever I bring back
    It is a real problem!!

As long as you have the essentials then you should be fine as there are plenty of places oncampus and in Lancaster where you can pickup whatever you need if you happen to forget anything ... Oh, and that's what flatmates are for as well

ReputationRep:
    Photos of home and my family and dog. Souvenirs from home.

ReputationRep:
    two fiestas worth :pinch: its always too much but im no good at packing lightly.

ReputationRep:
    My TV and PS3. Also about 2 crates, a couple of cases and a pencil case.

ReputationRep:
    Way too much. We've got a lot of food ready because it took 2 hours to get to Asda on the day I moved in 2 years ago.. So yeah, not doing that again. So far, there's 3 of those big tesco bags full of food, a box full of all the kitchen cleany/bathroom/girly stuff, another box of stuff like plates, pans, etc. One of those plastic sets of drawers, duvets/pillows. I've not even got to packing the stuff from my bedroom (DVDs, TV, PC, Laptop, clothes, books, teddies (), shoes...

This is going to be times 2 because my sister is also moving in on the same day to the same college. So yeah. We have two cars, and I would imagine we're going to need two trips of two cars to get it all moved up. Or rent a van, whichever...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A fair amount, but probably not tons, it's just that somehow it ends up taking up more space than it should.

Although my guitars and amp will take up a lot of space.

ReputationRep:
    Lotssss ... tv, ps3, printer, kitchen stuff, doing the food shopping at home day before i leave as well as alchol... plus my dad's car has a REALLY small boot damn convertibles

ReputationRep:
    As much as I can fit in the car.

ReputationRep:
    started packing today...and quite a bit got 3 boxes downstairs with kitcheny stuff in. got a box in my loft space with electronicy stuff in. got two boxes in my room slowly filling up. and ive got a suitcase ready to fill with clothes. and that without my gripper TV and ps3 and laptop and uurrrgghh...EVERYTHING :P

ReputationRep:
    Far more than I'll need, as ever, thankfully I've been away all summer so most of what I packed up in June is still sitting in boxes! Just need to pack up my PC, bike, hiking stuff, electrical gubbins and clothes, then find all the other stuff, and I'm good to go. Relying on a meticulously timed ASDA delivery on Friday to keep me alive.

ReputationRep:
    A Mondeo's worth: one suitcase, couple of big sports bags, several boxes of crap (stationary, last year's work/books), kitchen stuff), TV, PS3, laptop, speakers, fan etc. etc.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has tonnes! i keep making fun of him :P

ReputationRep:
    not that much, bout 20 dvds, 10 books, 10 cds, some nik naks from home (not the crisps >.<) my xbox and that's about it other than the obvious clothes etc..

ReputationRep:
    About 1 car full :-)

ReputationRep:
    Desktop computer, laptop, 23 inch flat screen tv, ipod dock, laser printer, fan, ,posters, air purifier, loads of books, loads of DVDs, xbox + games, souvenirs, loads of clothes, loads of trainers, espresso machine, brita filter. Plus all the usual kitchen stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I've got loads of stuff so far!

Ive got...

a box of stationary (it was donated to me by an old teacher)
    22" TV & Media streamer/player
    Laptop
    Netbook
    External HDD
    Laser Printer
    Kitchen stuff
    Clothes
    Alarm Clock
    Phone Charger/Other Chargers
    Clothes
    Toiletries

I still need to start packing stuff. I have half packed already but need to start doing my clothes, toiletries, etc plus some electrical bits.

loads of stuff :eek3:

2 trips I think :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.