Turn on thread page Beta

Why are religious people dull? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I know a lot of religious people, and not one of those is boring or dull. I'm not particularly religious myself, but will still go to their church youth club as some of my friends and I help out with organising games & such for the little kids.

ReputationRep:
    With all due respect, do not blame religious people for being boring. In fact, I know some boring non-religious people as well.

I think when we become more passive less active, then " the boring behaviour" will find us whether we are religious people or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim.gordon)
    They are all exceptions, the majority of real christians you meet walking down the street have that awful fake faux happiness and are so tedious why?
    Because, as has been said, the ones you tend to realise are religious are the ones who have nothing else to talk about.

Please, stop making offensive and inaccurate generalisations. I could sit here and make them all day long, if I wanted, but I know I'd be talking bull, so I don't.

ReputationRep:
    believing In One God Is The First Step To Heaven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk007_644)
    I have a passion for sex, i got like 25 boners in class today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyFX1gt0GYE
    A classic and a half :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w04andia)
    A classic and a half :yep:
    did I ask for ur opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they're just 'dull' around you, cause you're too 'dull' for them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk007_644)
    did I ask for ur opinion?
    I thought i'd give it anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    This is so stupid.
    It's down to the individual if they're dull or not, not down to the religion, I'm most certainly not dull, & I consider myself religious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage <3)
    This is so stupid.
    It's down to the individual if they're dull or not, not down to the religion, I'm most certainly not dull, & I consider myself religious.
    well let me rephrase. there are more boring religious people, proportionally than boring people who don't take religion that srsly.

ReputationRep:
    well let me rephrase. there are more boring religious people, proportionally than boring people who don't take religion that srsly.
    LOL, I'm sorry but you really can't say that.
    Because;
    1- You don't the whole population of religious & non-religious people
    2- Everyone has their own definition of what ''dull'' is.

ReputationRep:
    This has to be a troll thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage <3)
    LOL, I'm sorry but you really can't say that.
    Because;
    1- You don't the whole population of religious & non-religious people
    2- Everyone has their own definition of what ''dull'' is.
    Well, in my experience, and I have met a lot of both types of people, religious people have less interesting things to say and have a very boring toddler like sense of humour.

ReputationRep:

P.s Sonic Youth :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    dull is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    Be honest, you're generalizing. One of the funniest people I know is religious, which kinda ruins your theory.

ReputationRep:
    Erm.....no.

Religious people know how to have fun without going clubbing, getting wasted and having pre-marital sex.

Our life has meaning and me and my friends have alot of fun and we always joke around. We know how to have fun the wholesome way without destroying our liver, getting STDs or losing our dignity.

Peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maghreblover)
    Wow...no one has ever told me I'm dull/boring before...

You've clearly not met even a significant portion of religious people, so I'd advise you stop making silly generalisations and did something worthwhile instead.
    enough said.

ReputationRep:
    Well, in my experience, and I have met a lot of both types of people, religious people have less interesting things to say and have a very boring toddler like sense of humour.

narrow minded stereotyping is so lame. saying that all religious people are boring is not true because you HAVEN'T met all religious people so that statement is in fact redudant and pointless

ReputationRep:
    Having met a whole bunch of young people through a friends church, there were extrovert interesting ones but the group was certainly more shy than my sixth form, on average. I'd put it down to being brought up in a different way- kind of like a culture clash, but with your next door neighbour.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.