Turn on thread page Beta

Czech Republic – where did you go, what did you do, how long for? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I know everyone hates questionnaires, but this one literally takes 2 minutes. It obviously concerns the Czech Republic.

I’m curious whether anyone visits anything other than Prague, as it seems that every InterRailer I met this summer stayed only in Prague and only for 2 nights before leaving the country!

Copy and paste the list of cities into the reply and put a V/W/C/H/S next to the city name, if appropriate. The final 4 questions require nothing more than half a dozen words either :-)

Many thanks, I’m curious! :-) I’m originally Czech but have hardly been outside of Prague…people rarely travel their own country! :-) Can’t offer much for the minute it’ll take you…but if I open a hostel there the first month will be free for anyone off TSR.

Cheers,
    Mike

ReputationRep:
    1) Prague
    2) Brno
    3) Ostrava
    4) Olomouc
    5) Cesky Krumlov
    6) Kutna Hora
    7) Karlovy Vary
    8) Pilsen
    9) Telc

------------

- Visited (V). I you remember how long you stayed, that would be useful (e.g. V3 would be 3 days)
    - Want to visit (W)
    ------------

What you did:

Culture (C)
    Drinking (D)
    Hiking (H)
    Adventure sports (S)

------------

How did you get around? InterRail?
    How/why did you choose/book hostels?

------------

ReputationRep:
    I stopped in Brno for maybe 45 minutes, it's not a nice town. There was a McDonald's though :yum:

ReputationRep:
    Prague V3/4 C+D If I got an opportunity to visit any of the other places I probably would have, but with interrail you are sort of forced to cram everything into a month unless it's your first/last stop. Haven't really considered any other parts of Czech Rep so I don't know which ones I'd want to visit.

Annoyances: No trouble really, I'd been told about Romas and that I might be mistaken for one, but didn't have any problems.
    How did you get around? Walking for the most part, and the occasional bus. Was a stop on an interrail trip.
    How/why did you choose/book hostels? Hostelworld/hostelbookers.

____
    TBH, when I go back to Europe I'll do everything differently.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys :-)

The short time constraint implied by and InterRail trip is exactly what i'm most concerned about - there are a LOT of beautiful places to see and things to do, but everyone seemed in such a rush that i suspect few find their way beyond Prague (thus the virtual absence of real 'backpacker' hostels outside the city).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.