Turn on thread page Beta

Should people who wear fur be doused in paint? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think they should. Their clothing that is...obviously I would try to avoid the face etc. Using fur for clothing is sickening and ought to be illegal. People who wear fur are scum and they need to get the message that wearing fur clothing is NOT acceptable.

I bet most Tory wives wear fur in private. I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron and Osborne have fox fur slippers, such is the scum and inhumane nature of Tories.

ReputationRep:
    Labour party members/supporters should be hanged, drawn and quartered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Labour party members/supporters should be hanged, drawn and quartered.
    I see that you are an Israeli supporting American. Am I to take it that you are also a Christian?

You do know that Jesus was an anti-capitalist communist, don't you? And that according to your Bible, you and all of your capitalist friends are going to hell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    I think they should. Their clothing that is...obviously I would try to avoid the face etc. Using fur for clothing is sickening and ought to be illegal. People who wear fur are scum and they need to get the message that wearing fur clothing is NOT acceptable.

I bet most Tory wives wear fur in private. I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron and Osborne have fox fur slippers, such is the scum and inhumane nature of Tories.
    Is this an attack against those who wear fur or Tories?

ReputationRep:
    No they shouldn't, it's idiocy - if you cover their fur coat in paint they'll just abuy a new one. What a waste.

Also, in Eastern europe etc, EVERYONE has one just cuz it's cold. No reason to wear them in England obvs.

ReputationRep:
    what about people in the far north where it is cold?

ReputationRep:
    For consistency's sake I'm going to have to cover your shoes in paint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formerly LieDown)
    Is this an attack against those who wear fur or Tories?
    People who wear fur.

The Tory thing at the end was just me doing my thing. Try to ignore it if it deflects from the point of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    I see that you are an Israeli supporting American. Am I to take it that you are also a Christian?

You do know that Jesus was an anti-capitalist communist, don't you? And that according to your Bible, you and all of your capitalist friends are going to hell?
    I'm an atheist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    No they shouldn't, it's idiocy - if you cover their fur coat in paint they'll just abuy a new one. What a waste.

Also, in Eastern europe etc, EVERYONE has one just cuz it's cold. No reason to wear them in England obvs.
    You don't need fur to keep warm. What an absurdly simplistic, almost child-like, argument. There are synthetic materials that are warmer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I'm an atheist.
    I'm an atheist with morals.

ReputationRep:
    People who wear fur.

The Tory thing at the end was just me doing my thing. Try to ignore it if it deflects from the point of the thread.
    Right, well as much as fur isn't a nice thing, there's no bloody point throwing paint on it. As someone else said, they'll just go and buy another one.

There are other ways to get something changed, instead of just throwing paint around.

EDIT: What are your thoughts on leather shoes? Surely it's the same kind of thing?

ReputationRep:
    Replace paint with petrol:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popinjay)
    what about people in the far north where it is cold?
    This.

My Dad has a rabbit fur hat, but he bought it to go to Moscow, in winter.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never wear real fur, don't see the appeal. :no:

ReputationRep:
    congratulations, you are a dinlow!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for your opinion, it has been written down, noted and filed under "Crap."

Do you also object to wearing leather, wearing cotton and other animal/plant based materials?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formerly LieDown)
    Right, well as much as fur isn't a nice thing, there's no bloody point throwing paint on it. As someone else said, they'll just go and buy another one.

There are other ways to get something changed, instead of just throwing paint around.
    If you had a country whose fur consumption amounted to 500,000 fur items of clothing a year, and the following year a 50 people who wore them were doused in paint - followed by news coverage/discussion, and this happened for a few years....you can be sure that fur consumption would fall.

It would put people off buying fur and will change their attitudes towards wearing it in public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    This.

My Dad has a rabbit fur hat, but he bought it to go to Moscow, in winter.
    So what? Are non-fur hats not available?

Nobody needs to wear fur.

ReputationRep:
    If you had a country whose fur consumption amounted to 500,000 fur items of clothing a year, and the following year a 50 people who wore them were doused in paint - followed by news coverage/discussion, and this happened for a few years....you can be sure that fur consumption would fall.

It would put people off buying fur and will change their attitudes towards wearing it in public.
    :curious: And I repeat the question: what about leather etc?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.