Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I last went to oxford a year ago and remember looking around a college that had a rather modern library that i think was newly built and made from like dark glass. I cant remember what it was called and have been trying to figure it out by going on college websites for about an hour so does somebody know where im on about?

Sorry but the glass library is the only thing i can remember about it

ReputationRep:
    St Catz, maybe? glass and concrete?

ReputationRep:
    Wolfson College?

ReputationRep:
    Was the whole college modern, or just the library? You could be thinking of Catz, but I'm not sure.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3630/...89434a.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3583/...d6c46c3335.jpg
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The only thing i know that looks vaguely like that is Keble college bar Undergraduate colleges only right?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tomdc)
    I last went to oxford a year ago and remember looking around a college that had a rather modern library that i think was newly built and made from like dark glass. I cant remember what it was called and have been trying to figure it out by going on college websites for about an hour so does somebody know where im on about?

Sorry but the glass library is the only thing i can remember about it
    Do you remember whereabouts it was / how you got there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    The only thing i know that looks vaguely like that is Keble college bar Undergraduate colleges only right?
    I needed persuasion to fall into the 'I think Keble is ugly' camp but that bar is it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mook)
    I needed persuasion fall into the 'I think Keble is ugly' camp but that bar is it.
    Aye, I love the whole knitted-jumper look of Keble's brickwork, but that bar really is revolting.

OP: It won't be Keble college you're thinking of, if you're sure it was the library that had the modern dark glass - Keble's library is a beautiful old one. Sounds like it might be Wadham? Their library is in the more modern part of the college, and has darkish windows...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mook)
    I needed persuasion fall into the 'I think Keble is ugly' camp but that bar is it.
    I've never needed convincing. I think those people at John's who, soon after Keble was built, decided to demolish the place one brick at a time had it about right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Could well be Wadham library. If by new you mean 1960s!
    Pretty damn new by Oxford standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Could well be Wadham library. If by new you mean 1960s!
    yes i think this is the one.. its hard to find a clear picture on the internet though but im pretty sure you've solved my problem. I went to oxford over a year ago so everything went hazy, i just remembered i liked that college but couldnt remember the name! I think the bar looks like what i remember from the pictures as well Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.