Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I worked at River Island for 7/8 months during my gap year before i went to Uni. Then i went to Uni for my first year and lived in halls, next week i start my 2nd year at Uni but i'm living at home and commuting to Uni so when a River Island job popped up on the RI website i quickly applied for it. Today i recieved an email inviting me for an interview, great right?!

The thing is i didn't read the job description properly, the working hours are 8am-12pm Tues-Sun 16/24 hours. I stated on my application form that i can only work weekends, do you think i still have a chance of them employing me for weekend work seeing as i've worked there before?

Ahh, i feel silly now! :s

Any advice? x

ReputationRep:
    yeah they're ususally quite flexible xx

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** would you ask us...

ReputationRep:
    I think you should ask them to be honest. It's been a good 22 years since I employed people for River Island!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Why the **** would you ask us...
    Incase someone else had been in the same situation! No need to be so rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felicityx)
    Hello

I worked at River Island for 7/8 months during my gap year before i went to Uni. Then i went to Uni for my first year and lived in halls, next week i start my 2nd year at Uni but i'm living at home and commuting to Uni so when a River Island job popped up on the RI website i quickly applied for it. Today i recieved an email inviting me for an interview, great right?!

The thing is i didn't read the job description properly, the working hours are 8am-12pm Tues-Sun 16/24 hours. I stated on my application form that i can only work weekends, do you think i still have a chance of them employing me for weekend work seeing as i've worked there before?

Ahh, i feel silly now! :s

Any advice? x
    Probably not on that vacancy because it seems they will want someone to work 4 hours per day, over 4 days between Tues-Sun (16 hour vacancy); and they might want someone to work 4 hours per day, over 6 days (24 hour vacancy).

Now I might be wrong, but it seems off what the vacancy states, there probably won't be much flexibility with the role. Now you might be able to choose which four days you do for the 16 hour one, but I can't see them hiring you for this vacancy when they want different hours to your available.

I'd still go to the interview, because they might hire you for a different role, as lots of River Island stores are taking on lots of XMAS temps. So you might get one that is simply weekends. As I know a few that are going where I applied were simply weekend only staff. So might be worth asking at your interview if there are any other hours going that suit you better.

ReputationRep:
    I had a interview there today:yep: and someone got a grilling for putting hours that they couldn't actually work. So hopefully,you don't experience that

ReputationRep:
    How long after u guys applied did u get called in for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Im a xmass temp in R.I. But I just want to knwo if they keep their xmas temps after the contract has ended?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.