Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to increase alcohol tolerance lol HELP Watch

Sup dogs i have my sixth form social in like a week and a half i need to increase my alcohol tolerance. I am 5.7, 13.3 stone lol i am a rugby player and am on the rugby team so you would think i can hold my drink but i cant. I am drunk by like 4 beers but by then i feel like getting sick i love beer but i dunno i just chunder quite quick. How can i increase it ALOT. I love being drunk but cant drink alot. And i know people say to eat before to line your stomach but if i eat a decent amount before hand i just chunder quicker please help

ReputationRep:
    i would take it as a bonus - you don't have to spend as much to get drunk...

alternatively, from what i've heard its just a case of 'practise makes perfect' - drink loads until your body gets used to it. you're gonna be pretty ill over the next week and a half...

ReputationRep:
    Drink milk beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    I second drink milk! I always do it before a night out.

ReputationRep:
    Eat fatty foods. It blocks and neutralize alcohol from getting into your veins. lol.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as you start to feel tipsy have a non alcoholic drink e.g. lemonade or something. Your friends aren't gonna notice the difference between that and one with vodka in. Should clear your head so you can start drinking again.

ReputationRep:
    Drink a bottle of whiskey every evening and it should harden up your system.

ReputationRep:
    Drink loads and loads...............lol jk you will always be a lightweight.

ReputationRep:
    Is it maybe the choice of drink that makes you sick? I really like beer but can only drink a few before I fell really full. So I drink beer if I'm relaxing with friends and just chilling but if I'm going out that I usually drink spirits or cider.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmmmmmm you "could" grow some balls.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, beer. Cider's my drink of choice. I increased my alcohol tolerance to feckloads over the summer by getting pissed all the time. Get absolutely wasted a few times, see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    I like being a lightweight lol it means I don't have to spend much when I go out

ReputationRep:
    Eat pasta.
    Then drink, sober up and then drink again and just repeat that for the whole night XD

ReputationRep:
    Drink regularly and you will increase your tolerance. Although be aware of the associated health risks.

You should turn up late acting drunk and then only drink your normal amount but say you had 100 cans or whatever and you'll look cool even though your tolerance is still low.

ReputationRep:
    Eating fatty food/drinking milk/etc. doesn't stop you getting drunk, it just slows the rate at which it enters your system, which is nice at the start of a night when you can drink without feeling it too badly, but horrible when you're wrecked, feel awful and decide to stop drinking, but keep getting drunker for another hour or so anyway. Trust me on this.

Only ways to increase your tolerance are drink more and more often and get fat. Not that I really recommend either of those either. Just embrace your lightweightedness, it's cheaper.

Then again, the old 'have a blackcurrant squash and pretend it's cider and black' is a bit of a winner, if massively cheating.

ReputationRep:
    It took me more than twice that to get drunk when I was 14.

Stop being a pussy and caring what other people think, count yourself lucky it doesn't cost stupid ******* amounts to get drunk.

(Original post by sponge man)
    hmmmmmmmmm you "could" grow some balls.
    ssshhhhh silence your self chav

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ssshhhhh silence your self chav
    WTF are talking about "chav".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rinsed)
    Eating fatty food/drinking milk/etc. doesn't stop you getting drunk, it just slows the rate at which it enters your system, which is nice at the start of a night when you can drink without feeling it too badly, but horrible when you're wrecked, feel awful and decide to stop drinking, but keep getting drunker for another hour or so anyway. Trust me on this.

Only ways to increase your tolerance are drink more and more often and get fat. Not that I really recommend either of those either. Just embrace your lightweightedness, it's cheaper.

Then again, the old 'have a blackcurrant squash and pretend it's cider and black' is a bit of a winner, if massively cheating.
    Getting fat won't help you increase alcohol tolerance - fat doesn't absorb alcohol, muscle does. You'd have to start working out to increase it that way.

OP, there's no way you can increase tolerance in a week. Just drink less regularly than everyone else so you can keep drinking throughout the night.

(Original post by sponge man)
    WTF are talking about "chav".
    well you call middle class people pricks, your music taste and the general way in which you present your self:p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.