Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The first meal that I've ever cooked! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So in preparation for uni, my mum bought me a 'cooking for students' recipe book. Seeing as I'll be in catered halls, all I need to worry about is cooking lunch every day, so I flicked straight to the snacks section. I think that sandwiches are relatively easy to do, so I decided that the first meal that I'd ever cook would be a super meat sandwich, and here it is:

It was quite hard and messy to eat, as there far too much filling to fit in the small bread bun that I bought, but, despite the chicken being a bit burnt, it still tasted alright. Tbh I ended up binning quite a lot of it, as I wasn't that hungry, but I still think that overall it was a triumph. What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    Look like you threw it back up rather than cooked it =/

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks delicious, especially the what-one-can-only-assume-is mayonnaise and tomato ketchup sauce. :yep:

Bravo on your first cooking attempt! :five:

ReputationRep:
    well done!
    But it looks horrible.

ReputationRep:
    *heart attack*

ReputationRep:
    Sorry son, to count as cooking what you produce has to actually consist of food and the results must be edible.

Judging by that picture, 0/2.

ReputationRep:
    well done on your first cooking attempt but seriously your proud of that? :eek: :L

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it's come out the other end, hope it tasted better than it looked Good effort though

ReputationRep:
    chundar

ReputationRep:
    OMG! That is disgusting! haha what on Earth is that?
    OK, I suppose it is your first try, just spend more time cooking and practice and you should be alright I could be wrong, it could taste really good.

ReputationRep:
    Ew. When I scrolled down I thought you were a troll who had posted a picture of a pussy* bum hole.

*As in pus.

ReputationRep:
    :teeth:

Must NOM.

Hi there.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather eat my own sick.

ReputationRep:
    ...will be adding a mark under my name on our flat's chunder chart tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Eugh. I feel a bit queasy after looking at that. Did you have to zoom it in so much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatteress)
    well done!
    But it looks horrible.

This:yep:

Lol ... how could you have not noticed earlier?
    as there far too much filling to fit in the small bread bun that I bought

ReputationRep:
    I can climb the highest mountain
    Cross the wildest sea
    I can feel St. Elmo's Fire burnin' in me
    Burnin' in me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    Eugh. I feel a bit queasy after looking at that. Did you have to zoom it in so much?
    There's no point taking a picture of your first meal one has ever cooked if you can't see all the juicy, decadent component parts. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello Laura!)
    Ew. When I scrolled down I thought you were a troll who had posted a picture of a pussy* bum hole.

*As in pus.
    :rofl:

that looks :puke: OP but if it tastes good then i guess its ok :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I've gained weight just by looking at it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.