but the teacher said I had to make it a geographically related cake :P

anyone got any ideas what to make?

ReputationRep:
    a volcano shaped cake
    a friend of mine did this

ReputationRep:
    Use soil instead of flour.

ReputationRep:
    Make a tall cake, cut it so it's a rough cone shape and put some red/orange icing around the top of the cone. Sorted!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A normal round cake, put a green and blue design which roughly resembles the globe on the top.

ReputationRep:
    Make a cake and cut it into the shape of a country - an easy one. Or make a cake and write 'geographical' on it. Or just bake a normal cake and take it in and see if the teacher refuses to eat it. She won't.

ReputationRep:
    A cake that looks like a compass?

ReputationRep:
    Make two different cakes, a light sponge and a dense chocolate or coffee cake. Cut the cakes more or less in half, but so that they can be joined together convincingly, with the joining approximately resembling this:

The sponge would be equivalent to the Juan de Fuca plate, the chocolate or coffee cake equivalent to the North American plate, so the sponge would slope down and the chocolate would sit on top. Add some jam or cream as joiner between the two (just say it's the mantle ) and call it a subduction cake! :awesome:

Oh and be sure to use blue icing to cover the top of the sponge, and make sure to build a thick layer to represent an orogeny on the chocolate/coffee cake.

I've thought this through too much, haven't I? :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    A meander cake.

ReputationRep:
    Round with a map of the world on top and different layers for the crust, mantle and core.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    Round with a map of the world on top and different layers for the crust, mantle and core.
    Round with a map of the world? So a spherical cake, then?

I was going to suggest doing a Mercator projection or somesuch, but it would require a rectangular cake, and that would look boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    A meander cake.
    Wouldn't an oxbow lake cake be a bit more appropriate? :p:

Or how about rock cakes? Make lots of them and name them - slate, gypsum, obsidian, marble... :p:

(Original post by ahydrophobicfish)
    Basically I am making a cake for my geography class,
    but the teacher said I had to make it a geographically related cake :P

anyone got any ideas what to make?
    OK, joking aside () you could make a plain cake with some icing decoration to make it look like an ordnance survey map :p: It requires very little effort (make lots of circles on top of the cake in icing for contour lines, and other bits and pieces that vaguely resemble symbols you'd find on an O/S map) and it leaves a lot of margin for error

(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Maybe just a little bit

ReputationRep:

I would have said you're describing you wedding cake if you were a female :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    A cake with blue iceing on top with a green Uk on that
    simples

I did this in school...

ReputationRep:
    make a normal circular sponge but cut out the centre and fill in with red jelly symbolising the core then just add on the crust with chosen decoration
    looks amazing. I did this while teaching and the students loved it.

ReputationRep:
    I like Dalimyr's ideas An oxbow cake or some rock cakes xD

ReputationRep:
    all the suggestions so far are for physical geography. Do something different and try a human geography concept - a population pyramid perhaps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssexDan86)
    all the suggestions so far are for physical geography. Do something different and try a human geography concept - a population pyramid perhaps!
    How about a Demographic Transition Model graph? Simple red and blue lines of icing on a white background.

But physical geography will always be prettier and thus better for the inspiration for making cakes :p:

ReputationRep:
    How about a Demographic Transition Model graph? Simple red and blue lines of icing on a white background.

But physical geography will always be prettier and thus better for the inspiration for making cakes :p:
    OMG - I thought exactly that as well.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.